• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 U15 Sport Build

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, the Sport Option was a pleasant surprise, but I am not sure what a Pebble Beige (color of choice for now) Bronco would look like with an Argent Grill?

Anybody have one?

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've decided to go with the Complete 77 Bronco Drivetrain I have in my shop for the 69 Bronco. (302, C4 with Steering Column, D20 with Twin Sticks) I have all the parts, so, why not. The conversion into the 69 should be straight Forward. Part of the purchase of this truck was NOT including the original 302 because I already had everything.

The 77 C4 and Transfer Case are already rebuilt and ready to install. The 302 had been rebuilt at some point, but will be gone through again, see what is needed, and install new Aluminum Heads, Cam, Headers and FiTech with Timing Control.

The engine will remain looking close to original but I will add Serpentine front dress. Included in the purchase of the truck are aluminum Pulleys, Power Steering conversion with Delphi Box, Saginaw Pump, Brackets, Lower Shaft and Lines. All the parts are there, so might as well use them. Also included are a 3G 130 Amp Alternator and FlowKooler Water Pump. I lucked out on all of the new parts in boxes.

I'll install a new American Autowire Chassis Harness and set it up for the 3G alternator and the stock Gauge Pod. Weather Pack Connectors and Circuit Breakers will be used instead of Fusable Links. This Harness already has the plug for the In-Dash hazard switch and the 69 will not have the Side Marker lights either, so pretty easy install for this truck. Complete Wire Harness should take a weekend to customize, terminate and loom to be complete.

The Body Shop should have the truck by the 15th of October to complete the minor prep left and paint. Wish me luck with that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got a HV water pump in today. I ordered a FlowKooler. What arrived had a GMB label with the FlowKooler Impeller. Have they been doing this for awhile?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey rg, check out Todd Z's new thread asking about '69 features and add yours.
That's assuming you know that most of the stuff is still as it was delivered and not all hacked up.
Things like windshield knobs or bolts, windshield and hood latch for folding down, electric vs electric wipers.
That kind of stuff.

Thanks

paul

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got the American Autowire Harness completed this past weekend with a 150 Amp Circuit Breaker for the Alternator, 70 Amp Circuit Breaker for the Harness itself and everything is terminated with Weather Pack Connectors.

I contacted the Body Shop today and they will be ready for it on Monday. I don't think I will go with Pebble Beige as originally planned. Not sure yet. The Body and Roll Bar will be the same color. Wimbledon White Grill Insert and White Soft Top.

Everything has been mocked up. Now I will take it all apart and deliver the body, hopefully, Monday.

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My favorite Bronco color.
Just to throw another option at you though (as if it wasn't hard enough to choose a color already!), if you're not averse to using a non-Ford color, the new-ish Fiat 500's have a super cool Bronco color that would also be perfect with Wimbledon White. The good news is that it's almost a Boxwood Green clone. Just a little lighter perhaps, which I think makes it even more complementary to the white offsetting colors.
Would probably just pop with white flares and Ranger stripes too!

Anyway, if not, then I'm totally on board with Boxwood as you know. It's likely the color my '71 will be if I ever paint it. Good choice on an EB I think.
No, wait! Boxwood Green lower body and Pebble Beige upper! %)
Goes with white too!;)

Paul

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure on the paint color yet. Boxwood Green and the new Toyota Quicksand are at the top of the list.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I took the Body and all needed parts to the body shop yesterday. Gonna be painted Jeep Gobi color. The new Tan Jeeps are this color. Argent Grill center with trim to retail the Sport Option look, and Parchment Dash and Metal Door Panels in a Satin finish.

The Rolling chassis was pretty much complete when I purchased the project. The frame had been prepped and painted black and the Tom's 3 1/2" Suspension was already complete as well. I don't like dual shocks at each corner on these Broncos, so that will be changed out.

I installed new Stainless Brake lines and mocked up the Fuel lines for the FiTech EFI.

Pictures soon.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Getting some work done while Body is at the Shop.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco - Chassis.jpg
    69 Bronco - Chassis.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 175
  • 69 Bronco - Chassis 2.jpg
    69 Bronco - Chassis 2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 69 Bronco - Chassis 3.jpg
    69 Bronco - Chassis 3.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 159
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
302 motor was sent off to machine shop for complete rebuild with new parts, +30 Bore and Balancing.

Comp Cams - XE262H - SK-kit with Lifters and Timing Set
Full Roller Rockers and Hardened Push Rods
Edelbrock 170cc heads with 60cc chambers - Set up for Hydraulic Flat Tappet
Weiand Street Intake
+.030 Forged Pistons and Moly Rings - 9.4 to 1 with 60cc Heads
ARP Rod and Head Bolts - Stainless Kit For rest
FiTech 600HP Black with Timing Control
MSD Billet with Timing Locked Out.
Hooker 3/4 Length Headers -2 1/4" Pipe and Flowmaster Super 50 Muffler - 3" Tail

C4 and Transfer Case should be done tomorrow. The Crossmember with New Bushings is on the Rolling Chaasis waiting along with the JB Fab Twin Sticks.

Power Steering Parts came with the Bronco so that is all set.

I'll use the 77 Bronco angled Booster Bracket for Astro Hydroboost.

I'll get new driveshafts once everything is installed so i can get proper length.

I may go will 4.11 gear with the 265/70/17s.

This will be a nice, street cruiser and fun to run to the beach with the top off kind of truck. I'm looking forward to it.

Just about all the parts are ready. Now the wait for the Body Shop continues.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The 302 rebuild was completed today and looks great. I'll install next week and add the headers.

The Body Shop has the body in primer and will start shooting paint later this week. Kinda fast..... For a body shop.

I decided on the new Wrangler Jeep Color for paint - Gobi. Non Metallic Tan.

Getting there. Pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
chuckyb - Thanks. It's getting there. I'm looking forward to seeing what the gobi color will look like. Kind of an old school color.

I'll show more pictures when available.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here are some pictures of the 69 Bronco progress. Red Oxide Epoxy Bottom and Jeep Gobi Paint. The Gobi paint looks like a Darker Pebble Beige. It's actually darker in person than what's pictured.

I really like the Red Oxide on the bottom. The Black frame, Stainless Lines and Aluminum exhaust will "Pop" when you look underneath.

I should have the Tub back on the rolling chassis next week.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco - Gobi Paint.jpg
    69 Bronco - Gobi Paint.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 69 Bronco - Gobi 2.jpg
    69 Bronco - Gobi 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 69 Bronco - Gobi 3.jpg
    69 Bronco - Gobi 3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 135

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does look nice. Very complementary colors in fact.

Paul

chuckyb

Contributor
Looks great! I am of course partial to the Beige but also really like how the red oxide looks and planning for that also.