• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cost to build a new totally new bronco?

Projp

I have been gone for a while so maybe this has been hashed out already Now that you can get a new frame and tub has anyone priced out a brand new, ground up, unregistered Bronco?
I am sure it is more than working with two donor vehicles like I am now but the thought is intriguing.
If someone has not already priced it out I might have to fire up the spreadsheet and see what it adds up to.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
There were a few threads including a "recreate the Icon" with new parts. I want to say it was around $50k for all parts with all the little ones outnumbering the big.
Engine - 5
Trans - 1.5
T-case - 0.5
Frame - 2.5
Axle assemblies with docs brakes - 3k each
Unassembled body kit - 4.5k
Paint/fitment - 5k and up

That's $25k already :p if you assemble it yourself. I always figure 1/2 is parts and half is labor so if someone put it all together I think you would hit $100k easy.

71Broncitis

No way you could replicate an Icon for $50K in parts and materials! Not even double that.

I built one for a customer in 2005 that had nearly that into it in parts and materials.

I I added it up and posted it one time that just to build a completely new door cost $1,500 each in parts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

71Broncitis

A completely new hardtop with used liftgate is about $2,500 as I recall. I know one Builder said that they made a couple for customers and by the time they're assembled and painted they're about 5 grand.

Dpearce

No way you could replicate an Icon for $50K in parts and materials! Not even double that.

I built one for a customer in 2005 that had nearly that into it in parts and materials.

I I added it up and posted it one time that just to build a completely new door cost $1,500 each in parts.

Agree. I'm at the tail end of a high end build (Icon like quality) and the parts alone will hit $75-80k.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Basic build, if you buy the 14K plus body would be north of 30K, and I don't even have to look at a spread sheet. That is assuming you bought everything (used and new for running gear, etc) and you did all the labor including paint and body. That is basic, not high end. High end, the sky is the limit. I have said it before I would pick a nicks trix over an icon anyday/everyday Icon is not my "thang"

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have more into that then my frame off:)

Stupid beautiful money pit. But with new bodies becoming available, this will start to happen more and more. I bet people will start buying trashed broncos and doing just this. Using title and frame stamp only and throwing the rest away. Maybe transfer case and axles if they are good.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Basic build, if you buy the 14K plus body would be north of 30K, and I don't even have to look at a spread sheet. That is assuming you bought everything (used and new for running gear, etc) and you did all the labor including paint and body. That is basic, not high end. High end, the sky is the limit. I have said it before I would pick a nicks trix over an icon anyday/everyday Icon is not my "thang"

for sure.. Cost could be any number of ranges depending on fillers...

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I've sat down and done the math on this a couple years ago. I get a pretty decent discount on Bronco parts through where I work. I priced a compete nut, bolt, wire clip, hose clamp, etc. parts list to build a 100% stock bronco just like it would have came from Ford. Stock 302 etc. I'm talking about every single new part, axles housings and all. Not one single part would be rebuilt or reused. Our cost for all the parts was just north of $45k that's our cost, that didn't including shipping, labor, Paint, tires, etc.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
my current build is south of 15K, just north of 10K, and it is in pieces and parts, good news I have less than 10K to go to finish, that is a frame off dipped and ecoated. I have friends that will help me with paint and body so the 10K number may go down. If I end up at 25k I will not be dissappointed

OP
OP
Projp

Projp

I've sat down and done the math on this a couple years ago. I get a pretty decent discount on Bronco parts through where I work. I priced a compete nut, bolt, wire clip, hose clamp, etc. parts list to build a 100% stock bronco just like it would have came from Ford. Stock 302 etc. I'm talking about every single new part, axles housings and all. Not one single part would be rebuilt or reused. Our cost for all the parts was just north of $45k that's our cost, that didn't including shipping, labor, Paint, tires, etc.

Thanks Clarrance!
That was what I was looking for.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The little stuff is what adds up. I redid a boat a few years back. A half shoebox of parts being chromed was $700. And that was just a little jewelry on top of everything else. That's why people shopping for a project look for something that has all the little bits on it and glosses over the missing drivetrain and body rot. Because body work and drivetrain are the easy parts of building something from scratch.

Building a bronco not using a single used part, $100k+ easy. And that is using the bulk purchase discounts and getting good guy deals.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
The little stuff is what adds up. I redid a boat a few years back. A half shoebox of parts being chromed was $700. And that was just a little jewelry on top of everything else. That's why people shopping for a project look for something that has all the little bits on it and glosses over the missing drivetrain and body rot. Because body work and drivetrain are the easy parts of building something from scratch.

Building a bronco not using a single used part, $100k+ easy. And that is using the bulk purchase discounts and getting good guy deals.

X-2, to build a complete new bronco will cost $100k+