• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 Texas Pebble Beige

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I wouldn't go there. Why did you like the Bronco in the first place? Why does the CB community admire the pictures of your Bronco? Because it's modified? Like the thousands of others that's modified? Not so my dear!.... the exact opposite!!!

I bought this one because it is 100% original paint and uncut. The motor was stock as well as all the other components. I always planned to do a little but I never intend to change the look... just the height slightly.

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
What?? Get those thoughts out of your head...... You are about to turn a really nice survivor into “just another Bronco”. Why put a lot of money into it only to destroy its value? Buy something else to wheel and enjoy them both.

And if you own a sawzall, lock it up somewhere until you get over this.

Hahaha! I made sure I only bought wood blades for my sawzall! Ha

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Your Bronco has a good look with original paint and uncut and I understand why you purchased. I personally wouldn't do a lift, but don't see any problem with replacing stock tired parts with quality replacements or with parts from later year Broncos that are bolt-ins. Build around the body since that is what drew you to the Bronco in the first place. It's a really nice Bronco but I don't think it will ever pull huge money as is if you decide to sell due to the fact it is a 1969 base bronco. If you had an Explorer or Ranger I'd say otherwise. If you don't cut anything there is no reason it can't go back to original parts.

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Your Bronco has a good look with original paint and uncut and I understand why you purchased. I personally wouldn't do a lift, but don't see any problem with replacing stock tired parts with quality replacements or with parts from later year Broncos that are bolt-ins. Build around the body since that is what drew you to the Bronco in the first place. It's a really nice Bronco but I don't think it will ever pull huge money as is if you decide to sell due to the fact it is a 1969 base bronco. If you had an Explorer or Ranger I'd say otherwise. If you don't cut anything there is no reason it can't go back to original parts.

I think you are right about it never bringing big money compared to a ranger or explorer model. Luckily, I don't ever plan on getting rid of it and didn't buy it to make money with. I know there are few and far between in the state mine is in and that's why I wouldn't ever touch the body. Every thing I plan to do is a bolt on/in modification and can be returned to stock parts. I have everything I have taken off the bronco except for the trashed floor mat and I will continue to hang on to the original parts just in case.

chuckyb

Contributor
As always, great pictures....your Bronco is the unrestored twin of mine...you should do what you want with it, because it's yours.

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Thanks Chuck, and yep! I am looking forward to our broncos sitting beside one another in a parking lot one day. haha

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
snow pics look great...1" lift and upgrade them bushings this winter and call it good!

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
This has been in my head a lot lately!

Not to clutter your thread, but here is a picture of my brown one with a 1” front spring when I was still running tires like you have.

Attachments

• 25EF3700-DB08-4B09-82D8-AB056F49E531.jpeg
    25EF3700-DB08-4B09-82D8-AB056F49E531.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Not to clutter your thread, but here is a picture of my brown one with a 1” front spring when I was still running tires like you have.

That looks really good! I like the roll bar in that truck too. Does it have new suspension everywhere with just 1 inch in the front? It looks taller than mine in the rear but everything is still original and pretty well worn on my truck.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
green61bug, great looking Bronco, do as you like its yours but that would be one Bronco I would leave as is other than steering, brakes, bushings and get everything working as suppose to. Good luck whichever way you go, keep the pics coming

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
That looks really good! I like the roll bar in that truck too. Does it have new suspension everywhere with just 1 inch in the front? It looks taller than mine in the rear but everything is still original and pretty well worn on my truck.

Thanks. In this picture all it had was new Moog coil springs (discontinued now). The rear always sat higher so I tried to level it. Since the springs I have done all new front bushings and added Bilstein shocks all around. I have the rear bushings to replace but haven’t taken the time to do it. If you wanted a 1” lift I think the WH 1.5” springs and stock height replacement rear leaves would get you level. Some recent threads on the forum recently about this setup.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice shots....

I totally understand everyone's thoughts and opinions towards altering this broncos current state. I totally get the stock thing.

I, however, feel that adding newer slightly taller suspension on the same style tires with stock steelies, and upgrading gearing and drivetrain wouldn't hurt the look or value of this truck. Aren't those upgrades just like adding an aluminum radiator, headers, dual exhaust, electronic ignition? I will never be cutting an additional hole in the tunnel for a transmission or twin sticks, and for sure the fenders will always remain. Of course, everything is still up in the air and there are many options and things for me to learn before I spend the cash and make final decisions. I have another bronco that I could build if money ever would permit but my ultimate goal is to build the 1969 into a reliable vehicle to drive across country and not be afraid to take the roads less traveled all out on my own unless I can talk some other suckers into a trip of a lifetime.

I took the bronco for a little jaunt out in the snow. And when I say little I mean little. They salted all of the roads around me so fast this time. A lot of people consider me to be in the "boonies" so it is surprising and disappointing they made such quick work of it. haha... I guess the Bronco will be in the garage for the majority of winter now.

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Well, I may upset some but I decided to order a 2.5 inch lift this morning. There is a show at Myrtle Beach in March called Run to the Sun that I plan on driving down for and also possibly Super Celebration. I've been trying to decide exactly what I want to do to it lately but the show season is slowly creeping up and I had to make a choice. I measured out 1.5 to see where I might be with a little wiggle room for my worn out suspension and I'm just not sure it was enough for me. I ordered from Wild Horses and they, of course, were suggesting the front sway bar kit. I was wondering if you guys felt it was something beneficial enough to warrant the price? My kit should arrive in a week or so... I'm pretty excited.

77RHINO

I have that suspension (with bilsteins), that sway bar (not the quick-disconnect option), as well as the WH 1" body lift/mounts, and it has made the driving experience much better. I think its a great setup and recommend it! I haven't bought the rear sway bar, but the one in the front did make a huge difference in body roll, leaning due to road crowns, cornering, and an overall well-planted driving feel. I've had mine up to some pretty high speeds, and the sense of control wasn't a concern at all.

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I have that suspension (with bilsteins), that sway bar (not the quick-disconnect option), as well as the WH 1" body lift/mounts, and it has made the driving experience much better. I think its a great setup and recommend it! I haven't bought the rear sway bar, but the one in the front did make a huge difference in body roll, leaning due to road crowns, cornering, and an overall well-planted driving feel. I've had mine up to some pretty high speeds, and the sense of control wasn't a concern at all.

Sweet... Thanks for the input. I was really close to ordering it but it adds quite a bit to the price of the lift. They do have free shipping on it now though!

snoddas

These nice tires will really suite the lift.
Love the pictures of your Bronco in the snow.

/Anders

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have a the 3.5" with Billstien shocks and it rides awesome! No sway bar here. And I have 35" tires and a 1" body lift so much higher center of gravity. Sure the sway bar wont hurt but I personally wouldnt spend the money on it. But if you want a really nice street riding rig than go for it!