• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Bronco's P/S Filter for Hydroboost Pics? Where DiD You Mount IT

PaveBronco

I'm always late to the party, not happy with my current P/S bracket, this one looks stout, going to get on the order list today.

EBCRAZY

BC Broncos is currently the only Bronco vendor selling it but you can also buy it directly from me at thebroncoguy.com. If you are going with air conditioning and the Sanden compressor, BC adds value by offering the complete system including hoses made specifically to work with this bracket.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Somewhere I recently saw a pic of an engine with this kit installed - can't find it anywhere on EBCRAZY's site, or anywhere linked here. Anyone know where it is? I just saw it a few days ago and now can't find it.

Thanks,
Todd Z.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
just the bracket, the pump should be here tomorrow. good work on the bracket, it went on quickly and easily. My only complaint is you have not designed one for the alternator :)

Attachments

• IMG_0635 (1).jpg
    IMG_0635 (1).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 88

EBCRAZY

I'm actually considering one for the alternator. Is there anything you would want in a new alternator bracket besides a relocated idler pulley to eliminate the interference with the frame crossmember?

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I cannot think of anything, but i am sure others might have ideas. i like the fact that your brackets are functional, multi-faceted, an look so much better than the big ugly factory brackets.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are new pumps failing that often on street rigs?

I dont know how well either pump is holding up (stock explorer, saginaw) but he saginaw bracket i bought can be used with a one or two return can. i like the sag pump better than stock and it puts it underneath which makes is way better looking than the stock explorer stuff.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
My stock (junkyard) Explorer ps pump is the best I have had. I had a Saginaw and it was strong (or so I thought) but would occasionally give me a groan. When I switched to the Explorer Serp I was worried about the Explorer pump with my 35's (only 24 psi in them too).
I was only using the junkyard pump that Sandman gave me for mocking up my lines. It's been a year or so now and that mock up pump is still surpassing every expectation I had. Wow....really took me by surprise.

Having said all of that the brackets on this thread are a real beauty and quite the engineering and design feat.
Color me impressed.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
A Saginaw pump that was actually made by Saginaw?

Or a Chinese lowest possible price copy?

There will be a world of difference in how long they last.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i bought a rebuilt for now. i will upgrade if needed. i am mocking stuff up now.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
A Saginaw pump that was actually made by Saginaw?

Or a Chinese lowest possible price copy?

There will be a world of difference in how long they last.

Yup it was a good one.
I never did that adjustment thing to increase pressure nor did I get a smaller pulley. I knew for quite a while that I would go with Explorer Serp so I wasn't going to go any further with the Saginaw.
The Explorer pump sure feels smoother and stronger.

But it's really not stronger than a Saginaw it just "feels" like it is....hard to explain but it feels good.
I do realize that my 35's are at the limit of what this pump can handle but I saved that thread on the SuperDuty ps pump internals swap. So I still have a chance to upgrade.
Still love the brackets on this thread though.

PaveBronco

Received EBCrazy's base Saginaw bracket in the mail last week, really nice piece of work, well put together and wont flex, like my current one. I like the fact that I can add the AC bracket later...if I ever get that far down my wish list.

Attachments

• PowerSteeringBracket.jpg
    PowerSteeringBracket.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
would you like to see what an alternator bracket would look like :)