• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Traxxas (rc) Bronco (79 freewheelin)

matts460

Traxxas just announced TRX-4 4x4 trail truck chassis with 1979 bronco body and scale wheels they call it sunset but we all know it as the Ford free wheelin paint option.... sorry I don't know how give a link but quick google search will get ya there.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Its nice ,but around 500,things I can buy for my real bronco;D HOPE THE PRICE WILL BE A LITTLE LESS THAN RETAIL.:D

Hinmaton

The video is done well anyway, and they look great. But that’s an expensive toy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Awesome features and awesome truck, but man, by the time you'd buy a remote and batteries and a charger, what is the total cost $700 bucks?

OP
OP
matts460

matts460

Its ready to run just need batterys. They will offer a kit version later. If your into hobby grade rc and trail/scale rigs this trucks a great deal. Could also look into vattera accender early bronco rtr. 400 ready to go.

TNcoupe

LOL at $500. I had over $2k in my last 1/8 scale buggy race rig. Traxxas is about the best RTR deal there is out there.

OP
OP
matts460

matts460

Tell me about it..lol ive been into this stuff since 96 and have $1400 just in my Tamiya Clodbuster ive had for better part of 20years now. I have trail rigs, stadium trucks, buggies, on road belt and shaft drive cars, monster truck m.o.a. and shaft drivin, Tanks, and air planes. my boys love this stuff and it makes for good winter projects. I have spent so much time over the years restoring cars/trucks, its nice to be in house out of the cold/hot garage working on little cars and trucks sometimes! lol

Juiceman

The video is awesome. We have a couple of Stampede trucks that we run really hard. This one is so good looking that i’d be afraid of completely bashing the body

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
looks pretty true to form

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-ford-bronco/

BroncoFreeWheel_10-1-940x622.jpg

OP
OP
matts460

matts460

Its always fun to go to car show/cruise night in bronco and then drive the little rc replica of the real thing in the lot! Its a good stepping stone to get kids involved in cars and learn how mechanical aspect of cars/trucks really work on there level. Its how I got my start as a mechanic and learning how things work. Also gave me incentive to have summer job, kept me from being a basement gamer and pot head! lol gotta have hobbies!

Digger556

LOL at $500. I had over $2k in my last 1/8 scale buggy race rig. Traxxas is about the best RTR deal there is out there.

Came to post this. Use to build and race stadium trucks in the 90s. Had over $1K in my build. $500 is a bargain looking at the feature list.