• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New book on Kar Kraft (Boss Bronco)

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you remember there was much discussion on here, and the Boss 302 site, about if there was ever a Boss powered Bronco built. Now that the new book on Kar Kraft is coming out there is new info. If you know Fords you know Kar Kraft was kind of a "off site" place where they could play with ideas that were not typical "factory assembly line" projects. Think Boss 429, for example. Anyway there is a new book out on Kar Kraft, I don't have my copy yet but am looking forward to reading it. The following was copied from the Boss site and I thought Bronco guys would find it very interesting.

Here it is - from the Boss 302 web site...

"Now that the Kar-Kraft book is available and in the marketplace I can share with you one of the rarest Broncos you will ever lay your eyes on. Yes, you're viewing that correctly, this was/is the Boss Bronco created at Kar-Kraft.

It featured a host of Bill Stroppe modifications along with a 351-S (shelby) transplant and an automatic transmission, mated to 4.56 gears. This is what "Bossing" the Bronco would have looked like had Knudsen given the go-ahead on building the truck for public consumption.

Read more about his Bronco and other amazing Ford iron in, "Kar-Kraft: Race Cars, Prototypes and Muscle Cars of Ford's Specialty Vehicle Activity Program".
https://www.amazon.com/Kar-Kraft-Pr...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SWGEZSYBG8Q3KWH0QRXQ"

OP
OP
ared77

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry picture didn't come out above. Here it is.

Attachments

• bossbronco.jpg
    bossbronco.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 248

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Very cool! I'm fascinated with this Bronco, and amazed at how complete it remained.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
My copy is arriving on Saturday per an email tonight - looking forward to reading it.

Todd Z.

69hurstsc

The book is a must-have for Ford enthusiasts. Also, there's a sketch in the book that looks vaguely familiar to a certain missing Parnelli Jones race truck... ;)

House

Minutia Militia
Does it really have Stroppe Power Steering?

Edit: I posted my question on YouTube since it looks like Colin is replying to questions there...

Attachments

• KK.JPG
    KK.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 40
  • CHKK.jpg
    CHKK.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 19

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
No, it has a 73-77 EB power steering box on it.

Todd Z.