• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moab - you should go

knack

Contributor
The title of this post will seem pretty obvious to anyone who's been to Moab. What maybe isn't so obvious is that it's a fun place to go even if your Bronco isn't all built up.
We went this spring with my very mildly built truck. 32" Super Swampers, rear locker, 2.5" lift, otherwise stock suspension. Stock motor and carb, battery/coil ignition.
Spent a couple days riding around with the good folks at the Bronco Safari. Great way to get a feel for the place if you haven't been there before. They took me some places that I wouldn't have attempted by myself. Hell's Revenge was the most difficult trail we were on - not so hard if you just stay between the lines. Just like they said.
Wonderful people. They really made us feel welcome.
After a few days at the Safari, we took of into the Manti LaSalle mountains for a couple nights of back country camping.
Last day in the area we checked out Dead horse point, Canyonlands park, and drove the Shafer Road. No matter where we went, the scenery was amazing.
Lots of people having fun there. 4X4's, UTV's, dirt bikes, ATV's, bicycles... everyone was playing in the dirt.
Just go. Even if your taste/budget doesn't match the high buck rigs in the magazines.

dukeflr

Loc.
Yuma
Here are some pictures of a great day. Everyone loves pictures. I agree, if possible everyone should make the trip to Moab.

Attachments

• IMG_7957.jpg
    IMG_7957.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_7941.jpg
    IMG_7941.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_7924.jpg
    IMG_7924.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_7915.jpg
    IMG_7915.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 143
OP
OP
K

knack

Contributor
Hey! I recognize that blue Bronco!
It was a great day!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Looks pretty awesome! Hopefully get there soon as well. Glad you enjoyed it!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, Moab is truly a bucket-list item for anyone that has their Bronco to do a little adventurin' in the outdoors.
Glad you brought it up knack. Thanks

I'm kind of surprised it doesn't come up more often in fact. With more pics too.
It's such an amazing area (most of Utah and the region is actually) and can be such a fantastic gathering place for "our kind" that I agree that you should all do it at least once.
Even if you don't take the EB or plan to go off-road. Just stay at a motel/hotel or campsite and hang out with the family and friends to go hiking, biking (I call it mountain-bike Mecca) or just hang by the pool (nah!) and enjoy the changing weather and the stars. Not the movie kind, but the kind in the night sky that are harder and harder for us city-types to see anymore.

Do it!

Paul

JSBX

Contributor
That is on my bucket list. I hope to make it there in the next couple of years.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Yep as others have said just go! Been over 20 times and still have things to go do and see. I've wheeled everything I own there, tow rigs, bronco, buggy, stock fj even a rental Camry. There is something there for the entire family even if they aren't outdoorsy, lots of art, jet boat tours, self guided movie set tours. If your worried about your abilities there are guide services take you any where you want to go.

I determined long ago that tomorrow is not guaranteed, there is a big world out there get out and travel NOW! If you wait until time is perfect you'll never get it done. Want better relationships with your kids? Travel. Want memories that will last a lifetime? Travel. Want to have stories to share? Travel. Want your kids to be confident and not afraid of the world? Travel. It's not difficult, find a style that works for you and your budget and do it. Life is short GET OUT THERE, whether it's Moab or the city park down the street, just go!

In my opinion the biggest mistake people make in vacation travel is they have to do something epic, go to the latest greatest park and spend a small fortune. It's great and for some it's the right thing for them to do and aren't wrong but you'll never make the memories that you'll make picking a place in the map and exploring somewhere new. I've found a lot of times it's not the destination that matters, it's about spending time together without your normal day to day distractions, it creates a dynamic that you can't get any other way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 67

Germd

Agree with all the above about travel in general and Moab in particular. For anyone interested in breathtaking scenery, or outdoor activities that run the gamut from leisurely to hair-raising - Moab is the place. You can see a lot of it from the car. But to really appreciate the beauty that God created in Moab - a short walk, a mountain bike, ATV or other 4WD will take you places that'll blow your mind.
You should go.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Yep as others have said just go! Been over 20 times and still have things to go do and see. I've wheeled everything I own there, tow rigs, bronco, buggy, stock fj even a rental Camry. There is something there for the entire family even if they aren't outdoorsy, lots of art, jet boat tours, self guided movie set tours. If your worried about your abilities there are guide services take you any where you want to go.

I determined long ago that tomorrow is not guaranteed, there is a big world out there get out and travel NOW! If you wait until time is perfect you'll never get it done. Want better relationships with your kids? Travel. Want memories that will last a lifetime? Travel. Want to have stories to share? Travel. Want your kids to be confident and not afraid of the world? Travel. It's not difficult, find a style that works for you and your budget and do it. Life is short GET OUT THERE, whether it's Moab or the city park down the street, just go!

In my opinion the biggest mistake people make in vacation travel is they have to do something epic, go to the latest greatest park and spend a small fortune. It's great and for some it's the right thing for them to do and aren't wrong but you'll never make the memories that you'll make picking a place in the map and exploring somewhere new. I've found a lot of times it's not the destination that matters, it's about spending time together without your normal day to day distractions, it creates a dynamic that you can't get any other way.

so very true, family never took us to any major vacation places, never took my kids to any either but many out of the way vacations. maybe because I don't like crowds. love the back country, back roads and all of nature things. Moab is on my bucket list as well:cool:

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Went there a lot when I lived in Farmington NM (200 miles away) in anything from my built crawler on 37's , LUBER on 33's, to my 93' Explorer on 31's, always got a lot of looks from folks when I was out on trails like Poison Spider in the old Explorer :) IMHO not a place to go June - August it gets way to hot in the Summer.

Attachments

• explorer.jpg
    explorer.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 43

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Went there a lot when I lived in Farmington NM (200 miles away) in anything from my built crawler on 37's , LUBER on 33's, to my 93' Explorer on 31's, always got a lot of looks from folks when I was out on trails like Poison Spider in the old Explorer :) IMHO not a place to go June - August it gets way to hot in the Summer.

Agree on the June-August it's way hot. you sure do... I got weird looks with my 3/4 ton ram tow unit on hell's revenge;D

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
I got to go for the first time this spring in late April. Had a friend staying there that works for the park service, so I had a free place to stay. I wasn't able to take my Bronco. Round trip flight to Denver for $52. Used all the money I saved on tickets and hotel to rent Razers. What a blast!

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Super easy trail but the best time I ever had was a overnight rip on the White Rim trail, best scenery I've ever seen in Moab!! Not my picture have some another lap top.

Attachments

• moab.jpg
    moab.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 23

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, even after a hard day in a long line of traffic, any day is a good day in Moab.
72479_13.jpg

It's easier to all get along when you're relaxed.
72479_07.jpg

And anything can be relaxing after a casual day on the rim.
07779_23.jpg

In the immortal words of Mrs, Nike... "Just do it!"

Paul

(hmm, looks like I've finally fallen prey to the devious sideways image demons. Rotated them first, but still look like the originals. Oh well...)