• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body mount kit for Bronco Designs

rockingm82

Loc.
St. Peters, MO
I'm ready to order my 2" body lift kit. I plan to order a Bronco Designs body and I see that some lift kit vendors have disclaimers that the body mounts may not fit fiberglass tubs. Any recommendations out there for body mount kits that are compatible?

centex77

I've got a Bronco Design body on an Energy Suspension body lift kit and no issues at all. I did have to buy longer bolts because the body is thicker than the metal body. But that was $20 in grade 8 hardware.

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Body mounts

rockingm82,

Just what centex77 said. I have a Bronco Design tub and only has to get longer bolts.

v/r,

SevenT

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Body mounts

rockingm82,

To be honest, any body mount kit will work. The bolt length will depend on body lift or not. I think my bolts were about 2 inches longer than stock with a one inch lift. Your best bet is to get your tub on the frame and check bolt length for all 8 and buy the correct length. Sorry I can't be of more help.

v/r,

SevenT

centex77

Don't over think it. A body lift is just a piece of plastic stuck between the frame and the body. It doesn't matter what goes on around it. As long as the bolt you have is long enough to go through the body, the bushing, the lift block, the frame, the other bushing, the washer, and you can thread the entire thickness of the nut on it, then you are good.

OP
OP
rockingm82

rockingm82

Loc.
St. Peters, MO
If I knew the bolt length I could perhaps save some money and request the vendor substitute the longer bolts when I buy the kit. That and there's nothing I hate more than running to the hardware store. Seems like every project requires multiple trips :p

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Body Mounts

rockingm82,

Out of the eight bolts, the back four in the bed are longer because the Bronco Design tub is flat and not stepped like a steel tub. When you order your kit, have the company tell you how long the back four are and add a couple of inches to the length. Best of luck.

v/r,

SevenT

OP
OP
rockingm82

rockingm82

Loc.
St. Peters, MO
Perfect! Thank you.

rockingm82,

Out of the eight bolts, the back four in the bed are longer because the Bronco Design tub is flat and not stepped like a steel tub. When you order your kit, have the company tell you how long the back four are and add a couple of inches to the length. Best of luck.

v/r,

SevenT