• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Brocosbybama / lilbamaprincess on ebay (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
wow...funny how his story changed from 'f-off and let me show you how we deal with your kind in alabama', to listen to my side of the story. He's a dirtbag, and I'd bet the DMV would be curious to see the bill of sale from those 30 broncos along with the taxes due.

Curious how many people coming to his defense ^^^^^ have gotten ripped off before. Maybe they did and learned to put more effort into a purchase, but that doesn't give a scumbag a free pass to peddle his crap for the next unsuspecting victim. I'd hate it for someone to be entirely put off from broncos and the people here because they bought a polished turd on ebay.

SP66

Bronco Guru
wow...funny how his story changed from 'f-off and let me show you how we deal with your kind in alabama', to listen to my side of the story. He's a dirtbag, and I'd bet the DMV would be curious to see the bill of sale from those 30 broncos along with the taxes due.

Curious how many people coming to his defense ^^^^^ have gotten ripped off before. Maybe they did and learned to put more effort into a purchase, but that doesn't give a scumbag a free pass to peddle his crap for the next unsuspecting victim. I'd hate it for someone to be entirely put off from broncos and the people here because they bought a polished turd on ebay.

Don't think anyone would come to his defense but would you wire 10 grand to anyone you don't know for anything? Don't need to take a bullet to know I don't want to be shot.

Bubbaluv

Loc.
Agoura Hills, CA
IMO, yes, you do assume some risk buying something site unseen. But most of us do it every day. If you you bought a hood from wild horse and rear quarter panel showed up, you wouldn't blame yourself? of course not. To a lot of people, buying from sites like ebay are no different. You expect because of the name behind the seller (ebay) that are some protections in place. and trust me, ebay and sellers bank on that expectation. I just dont see where if someone flat lies, and drops are car off in the middle of the night like a thief, how you could blame a buyer. Most of us have experience here and have seen these scams play out and how many times have we said "if only they had come to cb.com first"? But if your not experienced in bronco's, or classic cars and dont find resources like cb.com, then there is risk you'll get taken. but if a seller lies, cheats and misrepresents, then that POS is 100% responsible. Not the poor guys that gets to eat it. Now if that guys does it again, well --> 8)

bpugh88

this might be getting silly, generally responsibility is with the buyer. if you buy something sight unseen, especially a vehicle, you get what you get. i don't like unscrupulous sellers any more than the next person but i don't know this guy- just my opinion

Great job you big Meany?

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey,

What rubs me the wrong way is when questions are asked, and answers are provided which are either completely dishonest or intended to deceive. Been there, done that, and I have the t-shirts to prove it.

A red flag for me with this seller is his interaction with folks who question what he is selling. I'm not completely sold on the customer-is-always-right theory; but, anytime a seller gets even a little abusive is when I would walk away. For me, one unhappy customer is too many. Sure, there are buyers who are unreasonable and who make it tough on sellers.

It sounds too simple; but, should a buyer discover he was lied to, or intentionally misled in any way, he should be entitled to a full refund (of the vehicle and shipping both ways), or a 10% rebate... for him to decide. I know... it's not realistic.

Jeff

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
The gang mentality from your keyboards not so much...:)

I don't think it's so much a question of gang mentality as it is just sticking up for each other and sticking together. Kind of like someone picking on your kid brother, you'd jump in there and stick up for him. The general intent here hasn't been to cry in our beer about what's been done but to make everyone aware of who this guy is and how he operates. It's the sellers refusal to admit that he has mis-represented his Bronco's and flat out lied to the sellers combined with a "oh yea I did! and what are you going to do about it" attitude that has everyone worked up and for good reason. He's going to continue to do this to as many people as he can.

Good things can come out of these discussions, just ask Scott71 about his Bronco. He had issues and they were discussed here at length and now the buyer is happy and the seller saved face and did the right thing. If one person Google's this seller and finds this info we've helped at least one person from getting taken.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I don't think it's so much a question of gang mentality as it is just sticking up for each other and sticking together. Kind of like someone picking on your kid brother, you'd jump in there and stick up for him. The general intent here hasn't been to cry in our beer about what's been done but to make everyone aware of who this guy is and how he operates. It's the sellers refusal to admit that he has mis-represented his Bronco's and flat out lied to the sellers combined with a "oh yea I did! and what are you going to do about it" attitude that has everyone worked up and for good reason. He's going to continue to do this to as many people as he can.

Good things can come out of these discussions, just ask Scott71 about his Bronco. He had issues and they were discussed here at length and now the buyer is happy and the seller saved face and did the right thing. If one person Google's this seller and finds this info we've helped at least one person from getting taken.

%)Well said my Bike'n Bronco Bro'tha%););D

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
One thing to consider: since my original post about this seller, I have had 3 different people contact me privately saying he did the same thing to them. One of them claimed he was threatened by him. Two of them live very close to the guy, and are really scared of what he might do if they say something publicly, because of how he has responded to them (as attested by his responses posted here. If I lived that close to him, I would probably be scared too.

I'm not scared of him, and I don't want anyone else to go through that with him.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
After almost 20 yrs of evilbay being around you would think that there would be some way of weeding the burr's out their larger(car/truck/bike/boat) items....sad very sad that this happen's...And I feel it not just the Bronco folks,but I'm sure fourms of a certain type of vehicle would do the same....

I was on a Vintage MX site for yrs and there were several mis-leaders we had to weed out and warn others about(one was a large vendor on the west coast)...Just that sometime it takes the first couple that get burned and lash back that gets the ball rolin.....

I'm sure saddleup would still be on here if peeps just rolled over and several more that ain't gonna call out,but it's just that way.....

SP66

Bronco Guru

I believe what you said makes complete sense but I just have to ask. Have any of these Bronco owners that have been abused by this Alabama seller actually banded together and compiled their information and went to the law?---or have they just complained about it. I'm on their side of the issue but let's see them do something about it other than type their frustrations.

When they do this and he get's busted and put out of business---that's really something to talk about.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Seriously, has anyone that has had dealings with him contacted the police, State AG, or State Tax Commission?

Police: Threats
State AG: Fraud
StateTax Comission: If he is selling this many vehicles he likely needs a dealers license and needs to be bonded.
IRS: IF he is doing what I think he is doing and never signing the titles over to himself it is tax evasion and the IRS will have something to say about it too. It's a big no no and doesn't matter if he is a dealer or not. He is evading State/Federal Income Tax and State taxes on vehicle sales/ TTL. If you bought a car from him and either didn't get a title or got a title from him with someone elses name on it, call the IRS and State Tax Commission. The first one should shut him up.

The last 3 will shut him down, fine him, and throw him in jail.

Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
One thing to consider: since my original post about this seller, I have had 3 different people contact me privately saying he did the same thing to them. One of them claimed he was threatened by him. Two of them live very close to the guy, and are really scared of what he might do if they say something publicly, because of how he has responded to them (as attested by his responses posted here. If I lived that close to him, I would probably be scared too.

I'm not scared of him, and I don't want anyone else to go through that with him.

Yea and have to think about your wife and kids too...people like that will take a cheap shot at ya...

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
All the one's listed by Asinor have been contacted by us.One of those listed paid him a visit. That's really all I can say about it.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Seriously, has anyone that has had dealings with him contacted the police, State AG, or State Tax Commission?

Police: Threats
State AG: Fraud
StateTax Comission: If he is selling this many vehicles he likely needs a dealers license and needs to be bonded.
IRS: IF he is doing what I think he is doing and never signing the titles over to himself it is tax evasion and the IRS will have something to say about it too. It's a big no no and doesn't matter if he is a dealer or not. He is evading State/Federal Income Tax and State taxes on vehicle sales/ TTL. If you bought a car from him and either didn't get a title or got a title from him with someone elses name on it, call the IRS and State Tax Commission. The first one should shut him up.

The last 3 will shut him down, fine him, and throw him in jail.

For what it's worth, I don't feel the need to deal with him from a law enforcement perspective. What I mean is, whether he gets fined or thrown in jail isn't important to me. I want him to stop doing what he's doing, but I'm not after "justice."

Now, if anyone else is and wants to pursue it from a law enforcement perspective, I have no problem with that. It's just not necessarily my goal. I just don't want him to screw anyone else over. Whether informing the public, he has an attitude change, or whether the authorities get involved, it makes no difference to me. I just want him to stop.

Hope that makes sense.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Let me play devil's advocate here for a moment. Let say I buy a bronco, and I restore it. Right off the bat, what is "restore" ? There is no clear cut definition of what that really means. Total restore, partial restore, full refresh, partially updated, etc etc..... All of these are so incredibly subjective. Some of you mention going to legal entities.... And claim what. You are talking about going after issues that are so far in the gray. And to go after gray areas can be very expensive and still might not get a resolution. I am in total 100% agreement that the members on this site are such a strong lobby group to get wrongs righted. To inform buyers, to give advice, make recommendations, and to yes, call out those that show a pattern of deceit. Think about all the products and services out there that do not measure up to what they claim to be. A good lawyer and a prudent judge would ask the buyer, "did you get it checked out by a reputable shop"? " Did you thoroughly inspect it"? " Did you ask for receipts"? " Did you ask questions, were those questions answered to your satisfaction"? " Was a gun held to your head to cause you to purchase this under duress"? If a buyer does not take these steps and buys the vehicle, then who's fault is it really??? If the buyer is overly anxious and just buys on a whim, well shame on him. Is this guy underhanded, misleading, trying to take advantage of people, probably so. Hell, welcome to life. Just me being the Devil's Advocate...

Scott

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Unfortunately until he is forced to stop, he will keep doing it. Getting him to stop is my goal too. Sadly, nothing wil probably come of it, there are shady used and specialty car dealers all over the place. The best bet is to make it unprofitable for him to do what he does, and that will take a civil suit. The problem with that is the amount of money involved in each deal really isn't worth the hassle, so that leaves the Tax angle. And we all know the Tax man wants his money, pretty much regardless of what it costs to get it.

There is nothing Grey about it BoureeOne. Ignoring the condition claims. He hasn't provided Titles or Bills of Sale for vehicles he has sold and has not responded to requests to provide them. He has claimed vehicles were in good running order and they won't start. Questions were asked and answered with lies and threats of violence.

The bold ones are Illegal actions, that are not subjective in nature.

Last edited:

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Let me play devil's advocate here for a moment. Let say I buy a bronco, and I restore it. Right off the bat, what is "restore" ? There is no clear cut definition of what that really means. Total restore, partial restore, full refresh, partially updated, etc etc..... All of these are so incredibly subjective. Some of you mention going to legal entities.... And claim what. You are talking about going after issues that are so far in the gray. And to go after gray areas can be very expensive and still might not get a resolution. I am in total 100% agreement that the members on this site are such a strong lobby group to get wrongs righted. To inform buyers, to give advice, make recommendations, and to yes, call out those that show a pattern of deceit. Think about all the products and services out there that do not measure up to what they claim to be. A good lawyer and a prudent judge would ask the buyer, "did you get it checked out by a reputable shop"? " Did you thoroughly inspect it"? " Did you ask for receipts"? " Did you ask questions, were those questions answered to your satisfaction"? " Was a gun held to your head to cause you to purchase this under duress"? If a buyer does not take these steps and buys the vehicle, then who's fault is it really??? If the buyer is overly anxious and just buys on a whim, well shame on him. Is this guy underhanded, misleading, trying to take advantage of people, probably so. Hell, welcome to life. Just me being the Devil's Advocate...

Scott

I love playing devils advocate. It's good for our brains. We need to see both sides.

I agree with you, mostly. Judge Marilyn Millan (people's court :p) would absolutely rule in my favor. I have clear documentation of obvious lies and fraud. I have paperwork. I have witnesses. It was provable fraud. That may not be true for everyone, but it is for me.

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Its simple really. He claims that he makes good deals to people and doesn't inflate the price. Truth is he is selling them at auction so listing untruths about the vehicle condition is directly inflating the price. Heck I may have bought it anyway if he had listed what all was wrong with it. I know its 40 years old. Its a case where someone is lying when its not even necessary. If this guy has really sold over 30 Broncos then he has a talent for locating them. And he is actually not a bad Paint & Body guy. Heck, he could be taking the time to do them right, getting praised on this forum for his work and make twice the profit. And probably not be afraid to answer his phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.