• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

D60 Full Float Rear Axle Flanges!

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
So can I get a high pinion front dana 60 and use these to make a high pinion rear?

I like the full floater and high pinion combo. If that is what these make possible.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
So can I get a high pinion front dana 60 and use these to make a high pinion rear?

I like the full floater and high pinion combo. If that is what these make possible.

You certainly could, although High pinion is weaker than low pinion in a rear application due to where the pinion is contacting the ring gear. But the Flanges can be welded onto just about any axle to allow it to support a bolt on front spindle for a full float situation.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
For the right application, be it one of our axles, someone else's, or something home-brewed in the garage, these can be a perfect fit.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
You can end up with the exact same spindles, Hubs, and brakes on all 4 corners. That simplifies the spare parts bin and trips to the Auto-Parts store for maintenance.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
NICE!
You will see these on our next build...
Thanks for letting us know that NWF is the source, great selling point, their stuff is top notch!

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
I had to grind the flanges down to fit the "correct" caliper bracket from Solid Industries.

Bronken-

Firstly, sorry for any unexpected trouble, it's never something we want to hear. Can I ask why you put "correct" in quotes? What spindles/calipers did you go with? Chevy (6 bolt spindle) or Ford (5 Bolt Spindle)?

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
Sure. I had a custom housing made with the 1" weld on flanges so I could use the bolt on spindle kit from Solid Axle Industries which I also purchased through Ruff Stuff. I received the housing (which is a piece of art and extremely well put together) bolted in into the bronco to mock up other tab's for brake lines, tie downs and also brackets for your anti-wrap bar. After all the welding was complete it was sent out for powder coating. When I installed the housing back in the rig and started mounting the spindles and caliper brackets I noticed the left rear flange was welded in incorrectly clocking the caliper in a low position. I called back and your crew was able to figure out what had happened and welded/re drilled a bracket to properly clock the caliper. I was also pleased with the quality of the welding and re drilling of the caliper bracket. After I completed all the assembly of the housing and brake system I attempted to install the wheels (15") and found they were hitting the calipers and knocked the weights off the rims. I called Ruff Stuff and Solid Axle and they were not able to explain why this would happen but suggested that I buy 17" wheels or grind down the calipers.