• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

D60 Full Float Rear Axle Flanges!

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
Page 2: After looking at what may cause the calipers to rub I noticed that the brake pads were sitting approximately 1/4" above the rotors. I called Ruff Stuff back to explain what I found they figured out that I was sent the wrong caliper brackets. With the wrong brackets the calipers were already sitting on the flange and would no way fit with the new brackets moving them closer down toward the axle housing tube. Although I was offered to ship the housing back to have this corrected it was just not feasible with the housing already installed and fully assembled. The new brackets were sent out and the left side re drilled to fit the incorrectly welded flange. I ground down the flanges to clear the lowered calipers and now the brakes fit as they should. I also had to grind down the driver side spindle to clear the caliper. The main reason I went through the trouble of having a new housing built was to get away from my Warn FF kit which they no longer support and to have a kit I could buy parts for at the local parts store. I know have to have a one off spindle for the left side and also a custom made caliper bracket. Sorry for the long post but you asked for an explanation of "correct" PM me if you would like to talk. Thanks,
Ken