• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EB only podcast will be starting soon.

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Hey all, gearing up for an EB only podcast and looking for input on content. Working on some guests and before I get knee deep, looking to see if there is even an interest. Which I think there will be. (My youtube video on how to remove EB molding has almost 10k views, who knew?) I am looking for guest ideas. Planned to be a half hour show for now. Let me know what you think.

Jakedog

This sounds cool. I hope it takes off. It could be very useful for those of us who need the guidance on projects.

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
Sounds great. Would be nice to just hear from other bronco owners and the story's behind there rigs. Not saying your how to video is not good but there are a lot out there. So something different but about the community would go over good I think

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Sounds great. Would be nice to just hear from other bronco owners and the story's behind there rigs. Not saying your how to video is not good but there are a lot out there. So something different but about the community would go over good I think

I have plans on doing a segment like this. Haven't given this segment a format yet but it will be like "My Why" segment. It won't be in video format, it will be audio only for now.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
This is a fabulous idea. Obviously the principal vendors and restorers should be guests. Mix it up with the more controversial ones, too. We may all be surprised. Speaking of surprised, I suspect that we are all going to be surprised with Ford's fully offroad-centric new Bronco, despite the pessimism and Chevy having dropped the ball on the Blazer nameplate. I say go for it.

CA Monkey

Loc.
Tracy
it could be really good but a good podcast takes a lot of work.

topics could be "how much did you spend building your rig so far?" and "how much would it take for you to sell it?" which are fun and quick questions but a good interviewer could turn those into 15-20 minute conversations.

I think you could also touch on stories like "where do you go to for info when starting a project" and "what do you do with your bronco" as some never leave the garage and the other side of the spectrum is daily drivers and work vehicles. "lessons learned" should be a standard segment where people who built there rigs or even paid for it to be built learned stuff the hard way.

Lots of directions you can go with it but it takes a lot of thought and work.

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Yes it will be a lot of work. I don't think you will be disappointed. Thank you all so far for the input. Keep the ideas coming on what you would like to hear and who you would like to hear it from.

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
some possible ideas:

• pros and cons on lifting past 3"
  • how to tighten up steering
  • EB engine swaps and best for what type of driving
  • bluetooth stereo setups
  • fighting rust, pt.1, pt. 2, etc!
  • dashboard setups and configs
  • roll cage 101
  • full axle swaps - worth it?

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
some possible ideas:

• pros and cons on lifting past 3"
  • how to tighten up steering
  • EB engine swaps and best for what type of driving
  • bluetooth stereo setups
  • fighting rust, pt.1, pt. 2, etc!
  • dashboard setups and configs
  • roll cage 101
  • full axle swaps - worth it?

Some of those are on the list but most are not. Fantasic. Keep them coming.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Remember you'll be broadcasting to a couple of bronco crowds........ the original/stock and then the restomod/mod crowds :) And of course some enjoy both.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Remember you'll be broadcasting to a couple of bronco crowds........ the original/stock and then the restomod/mod crowds :) And of course some enjoy both.

Exactly my thought seeing that list. There are a ton of things that could be discussed just for the stock/restoration and soft restomod (stock but engine/trans/power steering etc swapped) group. Like what to do about door handles (the repro are not functional), door seals, and other issues of poor fitment and quality. But sage advice from some resto shops on many of these issues would be great for moral support. Would save a lot of folks some headaches and disappointments. The list goes on and on. Actually, just taking a cue from the tech section on here would be good.

Aliracer

Loc.
Iowa
Looking forward to it! A lot of newbies seeking out content on what to look for / not when buying a bronco. Would be good to do a podcast to help out the new buyers. Ie: common rust spots, VIN details, etc...

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Hey all, gearing up for an EB only podcast and looking for input on content. Working on some guests and before I get knee deep, looking to see if there is even an interest. Which I think there will be. (My youtube video on how to remove EB molding has almost 10k views, who knew?) I am looking for guest ideas. Planned to be a half hour show for now. Let me know what you think.

I think this is a great idea, but since you are asking for our thoughts, here they are:

an all EB podcast can wear thin and you might lose listeners after a few months or even a few weeks. Open it up for more than just the 66-77 Bronco, but rather the 78-79 Broncos, 80-96 Broncos, Bronco II and the upcoming 2020 Bronco. I would also suggest that you'd open it up or reserve certain days for other classic FORDS (ie Mustang, Thunderbird, F100, etc). And, finally talk about some of the new technology that we could add onto our classic EBs.

Best of luck. You have a podcast listener here.