• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AL rear lap belt bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
I need one rear seat belt bolt. Anyone have one lying around I can buy?

Thanks!
You local auto parts will probably have them. Take one of yours with you and match it up. The other place to try is a wrecking yard. I used bolts etc out of a Honda. The threads were the same 7/16-20 as in the Bronco much to my surprise. I would give you better information but I did the seat belts over about 20 years ago.

OP
OP
SteveC

SteveC

Loc.
Tuscaloosa AL

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Saw the same style bolts in a 74 pick up today. The seemed to have a rust problem. I couldn't get them out to see how long they were.

OP
OP
SteveC

SteveC

Loc.
Tuscaloosa AL
We don't have any junk yards around here anymore with vehicles much older than the 90s. Everything went to scrap yards. Sad really.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
We don't have any junk yards around here anymore with vehicles much older than the 90s. Everything went to scrap yards. Sad really.
I am going to another yard tomorrow to get parts for my import. I will see what I can find. I will take along a persuader and see what I can get. I willing to bet that Ford is still using the same bolts they were using in the 70's.

Jaxgtc

Saw the same style bolts in a 74 pick up today. The seemed to have a rust problem. I couldn't get them out to see how long they were.

A little long will not matter, they stick out the underside of the floor but there is nothing to interfere with. A torx head.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
Ok those are like 1/2" with a star head right?? I have some, I'll
Did around & try to find them. About an hour away

Jaxgtc

Isn't the gas tank right below the floor ?

Good catch Roundhouse. The two outboard bolt holes are free and clear, but the two inside bolt holes are over the gas tank with limited clearance. Attached is a photo of the OEM bolt. The ones I referenced earlier from CJ are a side-by-side match. Please disregard my earlier assessment that length would not be an issue. (Perfect place for a "that's what she said" refrain)

Attachments

• IMG_2620.jpg
    IMG_2620.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 21

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Did you get your bolt? I just looked in my bolt supply. I have 3 types. The ones like you pictured I have two lengths. I am guessing that the shorter two go over the gas tank.

I would take a picture but my camera is old and my software for W-10 is new. I need to spend a little time to get them to work together. Looks like I need to do something with my contributor status also.

Status
Not open for further replies.