• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel injector question

Mareospeedwagon

So I am in the middle of doing an explorer 5.0 swap,from a 2000,and just realized I purchased 19# injectors and the factory ones are 17#. This maybe a dumb question, but does anyone know if this would be a huge issue?

I am keeping the coil packs and stock computer, which I had EFI Guy flash for me. Thanks for any help, I know on my mass air mustang set ups its not a big deal to take care of, but don't know much about this one.

suckerpunched

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. they just have the ability to deliver a little more fuel in performance applications.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think the computer can relearn that much, not sure though.

You may want to reduce fuel pressure but if using stock stuff kind of costly to do.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
If the 19 lb injectors are from a returnless system they are the same as 17 lb injectors on the lower fuel pressure of a return type system.