• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rocky Roads Custom Vintage Broncos

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Seems like iam seeing more and more of these company's who are buying them all up totally restoring them and selling them to guys with deep wallets. Ill never sell mine to someone like that.

That's weird cause every shop i've been to supply their their own tools to the workers

In California, an auto repair shop must provide all the tools, equipment and uniforms an employee needs to do the job. However, if the employer pays at least twice the minimum wage to an employee, then the employer can require that employee to provide her own tools.

In other words, the employer cannot require an employee to provide his own tools unless the employer pays that employee at least $16.00 per hour, which is twice the minimum wage in California. If an employee is paid less than $16.00 per hour, the employer must provide the tools.

70 Steed

In California, an auto repair shop must provide all the tools, equipment and uniforms an employee needs to do the job. However, if the employer pays at least twice the minimum wage to an employee, then the employer can require that employee to provide her own tools.

In other words, the employer cannot require an employee to provide his own tools unless the employer pays that employee at least $16.00 per hour, which is twice the minimum wage in California. If an employee is paid less than $16.00 per hour, the employer must provide the tools.

Sorry I don't know where you got your information, but that's simply not true. I was a Mac Tools Distributor for five years and I had shops ranging from dealers, independent repair shops, body shops, truck leasing companies, bus maintenance facilities, and more. Not one provided the hand tools, air tools and tool boxes to the mechanics. In certain rare instances high end auto dealers will provide the tool box only because they want a uniform look to the shop. In those instances the tech has to work for a specified period of time (long) in order to keep the tool box.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Need more popcorn.

Here..let me get these burgers done...

bbq2.gif

..before somebody does any more of this...
stir.gif

..or this..

amazon.gif

...and this happens...

fan.gif

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Sorry I don't know where you got your information, but that's simply not true. I was a Mac Tools Distributor for five years and I had shops ranging from dealers, independent repair shops, body shops, truck leasing companies, bus maintenance facilities, and more. Not one provided the hand tools, air tools and tool boxes to the mechanics. In certain rare instances high end auto dealers will provide the tool box only because they want a uniform look to the shop. In those instances the tech has to work for a specified period of time (long) in order to keep the tool box.

It's in the labor code, looking up on my phone it appears to be 2802.
I just think most shops that get a tool truck dont have many minimum in wage jobs. Think of your oil change place (jiffy lube, oil changers) those places supply tools because they don't meet the wage requirement.

BRONCOBERT

I was at the Rocky Roads shop the other day. I met Shaun and a few of his guys. All were friendly and professional. I was shown around the shop and was asked to examine the EB's they were restoring and customizing. All the rigs I examined are well done. Everyone has their own idea of what an EB should be and its purpose. The folks at Rocky Roads are building what their customers want...not everyone wants a rock crawler, some just want a modernized EB to go surfing, skiing, camping or just driving the highways or byways. The products I examined were well made. I am building a EB that will be used for a little of everything. I've purchased products from Tom's, WH, Bob's, West Coast Broncos and Duff's. All have provided me with great products and service. The EB hobby has plenty of room for all. Stop the back biting and enjoy your pony. I spent 30 years working research and development and building high tech military aircraft, and spacecraft. I know quality parts when I see them. By the way, Shaun looks like a healthy middle aged surfer and outdoorsman, most of you will wish you looked as good when you are his age.

wtg.gif

bax

Contributor
Old Member
when this tread started I thought " Oh yeah here we go" but I forgot about it. I am proud to see how it has progressed even without my "Help"

I'm making cookies

georgejorgenson

Loc.
Lancaster
It really doesn't matter how many times you have posted your stupidity and misinformation. Perhaps you should actually go and visit the folks at Rocky Roads or any other company you wish to malign (to speak harmful untruths about; speak evil of; slander; defame: to malign an honorable man), before you spew forth. I'm only sharing my personal experience. I'm sorry you feel the need to attack people who are simply providing a service to their customers, and jobs to their employees. Its very childish to attack a man for his appearance. If you don't like their product, don't buy it. I certainly shop around for my Bronco parts and only buy the best from whom ever is the source. Like I said before, I've purchased great products and received great service from ALL the major EB vendors. To each his own. I would be careful what I wrote about other. Even online you can be sued for slander. You had better be able to back up what you say. As for me, I usually read the forums and keep my opinions to myself. I only spoke up because I hate the see good people maligned, people who won't bother to defend themselves from fools like you.... This site is here to share insights into EBs, to help each other with our hobby. I'm on here to learn from all those who have been in the hobby longer than be and who perhaps know more about it than I do. As far as fabrication and assembly I've make things that would blow your minds. Don't assume that my few posts mean that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
It really doesn't matter how many times you have posted your stupidity and misinformation. Perhaps you should actually go and visit the folks at Rocky Roads or any other company you wish to malign (to speak harmful untruths about; speak evil of; slander; defame: to malign an honorable man), before you spew forth. I'm only sharing my personal experience. I'm sorry you feel the need to attack people who are simply providing a service to their customers, and jobs to their employees. Its very childish to attack a man for his appearance. If you don't like their product, don't buy it. I certainly shop around for my Bronco parts and only buy the best from whom ever is the source. Like I said before, I've purchased great products and received great service from ALL the major EB vendors. To each his own. I would be careful what I wrote about other. Even online you can be sued for slander. You had better be able to back up what you say. As for me, I usually read the forums and keep my opinions to myself. I only spoke up because I hate the see good people maligned, people who won't bother to defend themselves from fools like you.... This site is here to share insights into EBs, to help each other with our hobby. I'm on here to learn from all those who have been in the hobby longer than be and who perhaps know more about it than I do. As far as fabrication and assembly I've make things that would blow your minds. Don't assume that my few posts mean that I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'll take this one since I believe it might be directed at me since I made the comment on how much older he looked from what I remembered the last time I saw a video with him.

It was not an attack, but an observation that I totally did not recognize him in that from what I had remembered. But that could also be due to my my failing memory or eyesight since I too am getting older as well since what was probably 10-15 years ago that I am thinking of. Some might think I look old as well compared to when they saw me 10-15 years ago. We all aren't going to look young for ever!%)

Anyway, George, posting up out of the blue as you did still looks quite suspicious to most of the regulars. Especially considering the suspicious original post as well. Like I said originally, RR certainly has a following, it just not seem to be on here or most other forums or lists with most EB Owners.

There are other vendors on here who take occasional lumps as well (often some deserving, and surely some not as well), but in general are well regarded in the community. Why this has not seemed to apply the same to RR, I'm not really sure.

The only think I hold against them is that they took what was likely the other original Balloon Chaser Bronco (supposedly knowing what it was and its history/significance) and chopped it up and made one of their diamond-plate encrusted overpriced (for the market at that time) "jewels" out of it, thus destroying one of the more historic and valuable Broncos that had some cool history behind it. Many would love to have that Bronco, including me since I believe we own the only 2 of the original 9 vehicles built for that epic FoMoCo promotion.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As far as fabrication and assembly I've make things that would blow your minds. Don't assume that my few posts mean that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Well OK then. That's all I needed to know.

:cool:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Pictures Man Pictures - I need my mind blown today!

Sure hope it wasn't the wonkey lift gate handle that looked like a barn door handle
from TSC on a full top they had in the classifieds awhile back.