• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Village Idiot's Build - It takes a Village to build this Idiot's Bronco

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I have learned to take audits as a compliment (33+ years with uncle sam changes your perspective!): someone has been unable to find fault from a distance so instead I get nitpicked in person. Yep, still a giant PITA and I still despise 'em, but they wouldn't keep digging if I wasn't doing something right.:p

Looks like 5 minor findings Art. My technical manual has the word "shall" in it no less that 365 times. The auditor made a spread sheet out of the tech manual using the key word "shall", which in the compliance world means "you will". 5 minor findings out of 365 opportunities; I will take it as a significant win!

It is an annual regulatory requirement per the tech manual to have this audit.

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pete,
Give us an updated quick list on what ya got left.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Looks like 5 minor findings Art. My technical manual has the word "shall" in it no less that 365 times. The auditor made a spread sheet out of the tech manual using the key word "shall", which in the compliance world means "you will". 5 minor findings out of 365 opportunities; I will take it as a significant win!

It is an annual regulatory requirement per the tech manual to have this audit.

Congrats on only 5 minor findings in one year! Not too shabby,

Our National Electrical Code uses the word "shall" and "shall not" all the time too. There is no debate related to those.

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Pete,
Give us an updated quick list on what ya got left.

Dave prepping the floor right now for coating then I can get the interior in and take it for a shake down ride. Both the tranny and the coolant are low but who knows why. Time will tell. The platform is Swiss cheese so I will need to do something there. Currently working on that.

Still lots of rock ski work as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire

Our National Electrical Code uses the word "shall" and "shall not" all the time too. There is no debate related to those.

Several were tied to "Management issues" as all auditors like that category. So those will not be my headache. Thanks, "shall, will and Must" are killers!

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!

Unless the "Authority having jurisdiction" decides he or she knows more than those who wrote the NEC.................%)

Don't forget, Pete-you might be the next manager!

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Unless the "Authority having jurisdiction" decides he or she knows more than those who wrote the NEC.................%)

Don't forget, Pete-you might be the next manager!

ART after this audit I think the realized they cant. They also found out this week that the contract we have in place out in San Diego cannot be exercised which means I or my coworker are heading to San Diego for a few weeks in May. I told them they will have to force me.

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
So the floor paint was pretty thick, I actually chipped much of it out. It was hiding some bad spots on the platform portion of the floor. I do not have time to order up a deck piece and cut it out and fit in the new panel so I made a plate out of 18 gauge and I epoxied it in using 3M panel adhesive. This is not a show truck, and is destined for the woods eventually, so it will have to do.

Attachments

• platform1.jpg
    platform1.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 174
  • platform2.jpg
    platform2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 157
  • platform3.jpg
    platform3.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 157
  • platform4.jpg
    platform4.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 154
OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Well the rain all week stopped production. I had originally requested Thursday and Friday off and had Monday off so I was looking at a great 5 day push to get this ready for May it Forward. Uncle Sam had different plans for me though. Monday I head out to San Diego for a few days, just long enough for me to miss the event Saturday. I fly out Monday so I lost that day and since I had to get ready for this trip I had to cancel my Thursday and Friday request. Working on it is a joy though and I will be right back at it when I get home and there is some sun!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Well the rain all week stopped production. I had originally requested Thursday and Friday off and had Monday off so I was looking at a great 5 day push to get this ready for May it Forward. Uncle Sam had different plans for me though. Monday I head out to San Diego for a few days, just long enough for me to miss the event Saturday. I fly out Monday so I lost that day and since I had to get ready for this trip I had to cancel my Thursday and Friday request. Working on it is a joy though and I will be right back at it when I get home and there is some sun!

Damn it, that sucks.

Keep at it. It has been a while since we have seen someone work so quickly on getting one together, taking the short cuts so many of us have to take due to time or money issues. It has been a nice thread. I look forward to seeing you jumping back into it when you get back.
Sometimes it sucks to be so popular at work.....

Steve in Orlando

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!

I guess I better bring my grilling tools with me to May It Forward. Dammit, Pete, I was looking forward to swilling beer and supervising while you and Dave flipped burgers............%)

We'll miss ya bud. Have a safe trip.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
good seeing you Pete....it will be done soon enough. Another wrenching when you get back?

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry you no make it Pete! I'm making mad dash back from western Pa Friday from an all week workshop to make it. Was a close call

Hank

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Back home after an extension. After I fix the lawn mower so I can mow the foot of grass I have in the front yard, I plan to get back at it. More to follow soon I hope.

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Mower is fixed! ;D Lawn is cut. No plan to do anything on it this weekend, too much house stuff to get caught up on.