• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front disc brake dragging

PDQ

Contributor
It did not. Same symptoms as before. Praying its just a booster issue.

PDQ

Contributor
I am working with the vendor on some other options as he feels it just can't be the booster. I have been tied up at work for the last few weeks so I haven't had a chance to work on it. I want to re-look at the linkage for the third time and make sure there's no preload. I've also tried some other ideas from him like cleaning out the relief holes in the master and bleeding individual calipers to narrow it down before going to the booster, so really anxious to hear if yours gets fixed so I can go down that road if it works.

OP
OP
L

lbuch40

Contributor
Loc.
Black Hills
FINALLY ....received new booster and got it installed. After 1 test drive it seems that problem is solved.

PDQ

Contributor
Solved. Booster. Brakes don't drag and fluid no longer pushing out of master.

Seems as the underhood temps would rise, the internal booster spring would not retract all the way anymore. Once everything cooled it would act normal.

That one drove me nuts trying to chase down!

Thanks to all for the help. Now on to the next one....