• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TN 68 Rare Classic

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Price drop and better pics added

Jax I think that's the disconnected exhaust hanging at a driveshaft-esque angle, looks like a glass pack

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Price drop and better pics added

Jax I think that's the disconnected exhaust hanging at a driveshaft-esque angle, looks like a glass pack

I was using my phone, so it wasn't clear.
Also, Y U HAVE TO RUIN MY JOKES??!?!?!?

You're right, now that I see it on a full screen it's an exhaust wrap with a clamp. :p

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Y U HAVE TO RUIN MY JOKES??!?!?!?

sorry, guess I'm the guy that walks into the bar and the music comes to a screeching halt...or Nemo's dad Marlin, the clown fish that ain't funny.

What I don't get is the guy seems to have a huge shop, I guess maybe it's not his, but why not just install the cylinder head? not a huge undertaking

OhhhhYeahhh

Either he's a liar or the guy he bought it from is. I shipped this Bronco from Virginia to Tennessee about a year ago and it came with a rebuilt cylinder head(The head looked good I just never installed it). I purchased it to trade with cash for the Bronco I grew up in but the guy ended up not wanting this Bronco and just wanted the cash. I later sold it to a guy who sold it to this guy. I lost money on it myself (Sold it for $2500), but if I'd have known it was worth 100k I would have kept it ;)

cwhit23

I looked at this Bronco, am considering it. It's pretty rough needs quite a bit of body work and the door jams are rusty but I think you can find replacement skins. What do you guys think would be fair for this, or is it even worth pursuing?

Thanks, newbie to the Bronco world, always loved them just now in a position to find one.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
If you could drive it on a trailer when you purchased it, then maybe I could see $4k at most, maybe............and that's if I just wanted to build a crawler that I didn't mind denting or scratching. If you're wanting to build a restomod or return to original, you'd be way better off by waiting to find something more intact and complete. You'll save $$$ in the long run IMO. If you bought it and it turns out to be a 68' u13, the laugh is all on us lol :)

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I would pass.. The rockers are toast (there is more bondo than steel). I see welded patches and rot poking out of thick paint all over the place. I think most of that body is shot.... With the engine in pieces and not running, you have to assume the worst (not saying it actually is but never count on being pleasantly surprised).
No power steering or brakes and a old rats nest of wiring...
In my book, you are paying for a nice frame and clean title (hopefully).

cwhit23

Appreciate the insight. I was overly excited but I know there's better Bronco's out there. They're just getting hard to find. I don't mind paying more for something better so I think I'll let it pass unless he just gets dirt cheap with it, but I don't see me wanting to pay much for it considering I want to restomod one and all my money will be tied up in body work and replacement panels.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Either he's a liar or the guy he bought it from is. I shipped this Bronco from Virginia to Tennessee about a year ago and it came with a rebuilt cylinder head(The head looked good I just never installed it). I purchased it to trade with cash for the Bronco I grew up in but the guy ended up not wanting this Bronco and just wanted the cash. I later sold it to a guy who sold it to this guy. I lost money on it myself (Sold it for $2500), but if I'd have known it was worth 100k I would have kept it ;)

LOL, no doubt man... Too crazy