• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Have you taught your kids to drive the manual trans?

Germd

I learned on an old Chebby pickup with 3 on the tree. First 5 cars I owned were manuals & drove a '72 American LaFrance fire engine for years when I was on the FD. Shifting was the easy part - stopping repeatedly on a speeding fire truck with air brakes was the hard part!
My youngest (now 20) wanted a manual for his first car which I was happy to oblige with a Mazda B2300 which he's still driving. He never had to worry about anyone stealing his car because most kids have no clue how to drive a manual. After he was proficient I let him drive my 2008 Shelby GT500 with me along for a few short drives & he drives my TJ Wrangler Rubicon 6spd on trails as well as anyone.
I tried to teach my oldest (now 24) to drive a stick but he had no clue and no interest.