• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1966 Bronco W/Extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

IL_BRONC

Loc.
Central IL
I am selling my 66 bronco U15. Hard for me to put this up for sale and I may change my mind. This isn't a 66 for the purist. It has had parts swapped from newer vintage broncos. Some by me, some by the previous owners. It is a project but would take very little to make it a driver again.
- It would require installing the front dress on the engine, either the original or I have a lot of parts for the explorer serpentine set up.
- Install a gas tank, I have the original and a new 23 gal.
- Install some seats, I have a set of used seats out of a 76 bronco.

Body,
Body is in ok condition. It looks pretty good as it is but someone before me did some work. The front floor boards are patched and there are signs of some bondo. The paint job is something cheap and when I repainted the doors I was able to match the color but not the texture really closely using tan spray paint. There is currently a small dent in the hood.
The striker side of the door posts have rot but function fine. The hinge side seem solid but I had to drill and tap the door hinge plates with larger bolts to hang the doors.
I sanded down and spray painted the top black and replaced all the window seals. There is a hole in the top from someone having an antenna run through it maybe.
It has the doors with the removable window frames and they look good inside and out with a small ding in one side. The arm rests are missing.
- The first month that I owned this bronco I hit a deer. I have a picture of the damage. It was repaired at a professional shop. I know that the radiator support was straightened and the driver side inner fender/apron was straightened.

Interior,
The interior had some kind of racing seats but I removed them. I do have front and rear seats out of a 76 that are not bolted down. They have the original covers on them and are dirty. The shifter was moved to the floor. It looks like most everything else is there minus the seat belts and it has an aftermarket radio in the dash and an aftermarket center console.

Mechanical,
Prior to starting a couple of projects I drove this bronco all the time. It ran good, shifted good and 4wd worked fine also.
It has a V8 in it not sure but I believe it to be a 302 and a 3spd with the shifter moved to the floor.
Manual steering.
Small bearing 9 inch and a dana 30 front diff. Both with drum brakes.
I installed vacuum power brakes.
It has some suspension lift and I installed a 1 inch body lift. It has 31-10.50 R15 cooper discover MT with good tread on them.

Current status of projects.
There is no gas tank. I have the original and also an after market 23 gal. I installed a low pressure pump in the tank.
The front dress is off the engine. I have the explorer timing cover and H20 pump installed and I think I have the brackets for the rest of the front dress from an explorer. No alt. or power steering pump.
I also have all the old parts if you wanted to install the old front dress.
There are no seats installed but I have factory seats from a 76.

Extras,
- 23 gal tank. It is the style that mounts with unistrut. Also original tank. There is surface rust on the outside of the tank, Inside looks good.
- Big bearing 9 inch housing, 3rd member and axles. Maybe the drum brake backing plates. Has limited slip. Out of a 76 bronco
- Dana 44 complete with disc breaks. Out of a 76.
- NV 3500. I bought this from a guy who claimed to have bought it refurbished. No shifter.
- Power steering box from a 76.
- I have a second top that is in very rough shape.

Not interested in splitting stuff up. PM me your email for pics. If you are serious I can take more if you would like. The price is OBO but I will not agree to a price unless you come see it in person. You can also e-mail me directly at hitchme34@yahoo.com

Last edited:

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I don't think you're way off, and I'm guessing you'll get more interest with the pics.

I would suggest taking the weekend to install the new tank, clean up and install the seats, put the original front dress back on and get it running. More people looking for running projects than non-running.

...and who knows, you may keep it

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've never sold a Bronco on this site. Most guys here have Broncos already and aren't looking for more. All of the ones I've sold over the years went through craigslist or ebay. All were listed here, but garnered little interest.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
10G's for something you can't drive maybe a little hard to swallow given that it's not a California type body survivor.

Now, if you got it running and driving decently, it would be sold already. Think about a guy who may be trying to get in at the 10G mark...really hard to sell the wife on something that he may not be able to finish if they have a family, as opposed to being able to drive it away and "tinker" here and there.

Plus the person would have to have 10G cash on hand. I also get that some are asking more for less quality than yours, but chances are, unless they are in a hotbed location, aren't getting it.

She looks to be a great start for someone looking to get into EB's, but I would do my best to get her to move around and drive around under her own power.

Status
Not open for further replies.