• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
They sure did a good job with the Mustang when it went retro.
The Mustang now looks better than ever and a damn site quicker as well as much, much better handling than the first generation.

Hoping Ford surprises us with the eb......

Ryan_M

Loc.
Franklin
The base early Bronco was not very capable off-road that much is true, but 50 years ago the base Jeep was even less capable.

With enough work many SUVs can be built into a capable off-road machine.
Solid axle swap, engine swap, transmission swap, transfer case swap........

Ford will not be building a new Bronco that can be easily used as a base.
They do not care about the enthusiast market.
They make more money from the simulated lifestyle crowd.

The soccer moms outnumber both combined.

The only thing I don't get is they already have 3 versions of that car, why add another?

Cooter_76

The only thing I don't get is they already have 3 versions of that car, why add another?

Exactly.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I don't put too much credibility in this author's claim that the Bronco will compete with the Cherokee. I mean the Cherokee is a unibody CUV. If the Bronco is based on the new Ranger platform, it will be body-on-frame with relatively stout drivetrain. The Ford exec kept saying "Raptor" when describing the type of off-roading he envisions. He never said Cherokee.
The author clearly has no practical knowledge of this segment:

"And many off-roaders modify their Jeeps to make sure they can survive rocks stabbing the undercarriage or gulleys bending the axles." - Whut?%)

"The next chip on the table will be the forthcoming Bronco, another revived model, which Ford stopped making in 1996 (after the notorious O.J. Simpson chase scene involving a white Bronco)." - This makes it sound like OJ killed the Bronco. In reality, everyone wanted a 4-door SUV and GM was selling a ton of 4-door Tahoes, thus the Bronco was dropped for the Expedition.

My best bet is that the new Bronco will compete with the 4Runner, not with the Wrangler.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
It seems like there was more the the interview, but was cut/stopped at the part where he was going to talk about the Bronco. I would love the see the full interview.

76BroncoPete

If it's ranger based I would imagine that it would pretty much just be the Everest.

Attachments

• IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 151

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Have you had it with the 2020 Bronco threads?

Tired of the 2020 Bronco threads that pop up, sometimes three a day?

Or do you think they don't belong in the 66-77 Bronco forum and would be okay in Off Topic?

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Nope. I am not tired. The more information, the better. Plus, this site will probably the first to announce, at least to me, that it's out.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'm good with them in "Chat" until they come out and if they don't resemble a CB then kick them to the curb.

LOL, now I like that idea..

I saw where 2/3 of the threads were recently merged to one..

if there are more on same subject, Jon will merge them to the other so there's not so many of them.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
If you want your off topic thread to be viewed by 10x more members you put it in Chat vs Off Topic and hope that no one complains

But to answer your question, maybe a little, but I'm even more tired of T Shirt threads