• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer dipstick replacement

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I broke mine getting it out of the block so I tossed it in the trash. Now I need to replace it with something. Do you think this one from Lokar would work?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-ed5004/overview/make/ford

I called Lokar and they couldn’t confirm without a measurement from the stock one that I don’t have. They needed a measurement from the end of the tube to the end of the dipstick. Anyone have that measurement from the stock dipstick or has anyone used the Lokar?

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I can get you that measurement tomorrow. Let me know if you want another stock tube.

Mark

The measurement would be great! I tried pulling one at the pick-n-pull but I mangled it trying to get it out. If the stock tube will work with the Bronco Hut headers I’m not opposed to using one.

Thanks!

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
The measurement would be great! I tried pulling one at the pick-n-pull but I mangled it trying to get it out. If the stock tube will work with the Bronco Hut headers I’m not opposed to using one.

Thanks!

I’ve always ran the stock Explorer manifolds on the three that I’ve done. I don’t know how it fits with headers. I’ll see if I can get the tube out of the block.

Mark

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Well, I just went out to the garage to check my spare block, the tube is gone. I’m not sure where it is at the moment. If I can find it, I’ll get back with you on this. Sorry brother. :(

Mark

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Well, I just went out to the garage to check my spare block, the tube is gone. I’m not sure where it is at the moment. If I can find it, I’ll get back with you on this. Sorry brother. :(

Mark

Thanks for looking, Mark.

Does anyone else have one laying around that they can measure?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Thanks for looking, Mark.

Does anyone else have one laying around that they can measure?

I just installed mine, but I had to buy a new dipstick from Ford. The handle snapped of the old one. So I know the dipstick tube is still available from Ford... Just giving you options....;D

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I have one on a stand. I will take a look tomorrow when I am back.

That would be great! My first option would be the Lokar setup if it will work. The measurement will help

I just installed mine, but I had to buy a new dipstick from Ford. The handle snapped of the old one. So I know the dipstick tube is still available from Ford... Just giving you options....;D

I don't mind options. I will try to locate a stock one if the Lokar setup won't work. When I was searching for a stock one I couldn't find anything that said it would definitely work for the Explorer so I held off on purchasing. Mine took some force to remove so I don't know how I could find a good used one. Thanks

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I just found my extra tube. From the flared stop on the tube, which would be the outside of the block, to the tip of the dipstick is 8 1/8”.

Mark.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
There are at least 2 versions of engine dipsticks on 5.0 explorers. As I recall the length is different between them. You just need to keep the stick matched to the tube.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I just found my extra tube. From the flared stop on the tube, which would be the outside of the block, to the tip of the dipstick is 8 1/8”.

Mark.

That will help me confirm. Thanks!

Joe473

That will help me confirm. Thanks!
Summit sells a Ford motorsport chrome in block dipstick and tube that should work. I little bending of brackets and I was able to get it attached to header bolt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk