• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rescue a rusty half cab for $2500? - Some photos added

OP
OP
Techstudent

Techstudent

Loc.
Missoula
Yes. Did buy it, guys, after a considerable nudge from forum members! After about two weeks of overthinking, I drove up and cut a check. Hated to go in the hole for $2500 but I've always liked the half cabs and knew there wouldn't be another chance at one I could afford.

It was in possesion of the son of the original owner whom owned a gas station here in Missoula. It is no longer a going concern. Not certain yet but may preserve the door lettering.

I'll post more photos when I get it home!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Yes. Did buy it, guys, after a considerable nudge from forum members! After about two weeks of overthinking, I drove up and cut a check. Hated to go in the hole for $2500 but I've always liked the half cabs and knew there wouldn't be another chance at one I could afford.

It was in possesion of the son of the original owner whom owned a gas station here in Missoula. It is no longer a going concern. Not certain yet but may preserve the door lettering.

Awesome congrats!

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru

You need to rest easy knowing you made a good buy. Keep it, flip it, whatever.... but be confident in knowing it is worth much more than you gave for it. You are not in the hole, that's a 10k Bronco in today's market!

OP
OP
Techstudent

Techstudent

Loc.
Missoula
Thanks all. Looking forward to sharing more photos and tinkering over the Winter. Not really sure what condition the block is in. Would like to have it running by Spring and use it as a coffee getter while slowly doing metal work.

Might even leave the old plow-frame on for now! :)

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I said it before, and I'll say it again.....Just get it mechanically sound and drive it. Do nothing else. That $2,500 will be a wise investment.

Congratulations, and keep us posted sir!

metal1

Loc.
hidesert ,socal
like teal68 said just get it running and stopping and make sure it all the electrical works right ,then drive that thing ,that has been the plan i`ve been following ,and now I am fixing it up how I like , and still able to drive it all the time .maybe down the road I will get it painted .but as it is now it is like driving in a damm parade ;);)

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Deal of the decade dude! I am sure this entire site is jealous and welcomes future stories of what you do with this treasure. :cool:

OP
OP
Techstudent

Techstudent

Loc.
Missoula
Grateful for your encouraging comments guys! Probably, like most of you, I almost never come across "bargains" so i'm appreciative if it happens. Guess if I were more financially savy, i'd be in better shape if I "flipped" but my propensity for nostalgia and sentimentality won't allow for it so I will remain a poor but happy Bronco owner! :)

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
We don't expect to hear you complaining about the snow in your driveway this winter;) Actually, maybe the Bronco can earn back it's sale price with a few plowing gigs?