• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock Explorer EFI Fuel Line Questions

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
See the pics attached. I plan on using the braided pieces for the filter and all the connections. I have to cut the longest piece, but was thinking i could cut and flare and use a flare connection to do that. I think i can straighten the piece out that connects to the rear fuel rail piece enough to get around the crossmember mount. What do i need to secure the line that corrects directly to the fuel rail? Make a bracket to mount to the engine? I really like the stock connectors and i have the line so i thought i could make them work. I have the returnless tank so i will not need a return.

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 105

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Just a thought here... Since you will have 60 psi in that one line, you want to make sure that there are no chances for leaks.

Make sure to use those external clips that Ford installed on those fuel line connection points to keep them from separating.

To use an inverted flare - You need to make certain that the diameter and thickness of the tubing is close to standard fuel line. Or after a few miles, when vibration from movement happens you may have leaks. (I have not done it myself)

Don't place any fuel line connections near things (like a body mount) that will make it difficult to get your fuel line EFI fittings/flare wrench to when the body goes back on the frame. (Did that myself)

By all means make brackets, with cushion clamps, to support fuel lines. Can be on the motor or tub. Sames goes with placement, be sure you can get to it when the tub and everything else is in place.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't think this line is standard od so that may be a problem.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
thanks, that explains the od. what is a good source for metric fittings?