• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rocky Roads Custom Vintage Broncos

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Guess I didn't get my mind blown today.%) Oh well there is always tomorrow.;D

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
facebook_like_button_blue_650x361_c.jpg
[/url]
screenshot[/IMG]

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
as I understand it now a guy who has 30,000+ posts on here is probably the smartest and most qualified guy on the subject of classic Broncos and the guy who has very few posts better keep quiet and not post anything because he'll not be making any friends. makes perfect sense...

I have a lot of posts and I'm disliked by quite a few :p Cept for most who have actually met me.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got distracted and burned 'em.
brownbag.gif

I was busy watchin' these....

182621413_m.gif

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
It really doesn't matter how many times you have posted your stupidity and misinformation. Perhaps you should actually go and visit the folks at Rocky Roads or any other company you wish to malign (to speak harmful untruths about; speak evil of; slander; defame: to malign an honorable man), before you spew forth. I'm only sharing my personal experience. I'm sorry you feel the need to attack people who are simply providing a service to their customers, and jobs to their employees. Its very childish to attack a man for his appearance. If you don't like their product, don't buy it. I certainly shop around for my Bronco parts and only buy the best from whom ever is the source. Like I said before, I've purchased great products and received great service from ALL the major EB vendors. To each his own. I would be careful what I wrote about other. Even online you can be sued for slander. You had better be able to back up what you say. As for me, I usually read the forums and keep my opinions to myself. I only spoke up because I hate the see good people maligned, people who won't bother to defend themselves from fools like you.... This site is here to share insights into EBs, to help each other with our hobby. I'm on here to learn from all those who have been in the hobby longer than be and who perhaps know more about it than I do. As far as fabrication and assembly I've make things that would blow your minds. Don't assume that my few posts mean that I don't know what I'm talking about.

George - It's pretty obvious that you and the OP know each other and that you know and/or are friends with RR and/or you work at RR and/or you've bought a rig from them. We get that....not a problem.....as you said, to each their own. Some of us have been into Broncos as long or longer than RR and a lot of these guys you are speaking to in this thread have forgotten more about the EB than RR ever knew. Most of us, have laid hands on, restored, built or touched about every piece that goes into or onto a Bronco. Some of us have extensive experience with RR and others have just heard about those experiences from the guys that frequent this site and are known to be good folk who's opinions are trusted because they have track records on this forum. Remember - you have no track record here!

Now, let me give you my experience with RR, which was, admittedly an indirect experience. Back in 98, I was finally in a position to buy my first Bronco. I found a 69 Bronco out in West Virginia Beach. I exchanged numerous phone calls with the owner and he had tons of pictures of the Bronco. Based on what I could see in the pics and what I was told, it was beautiful and exactly what I was looking for at the time.

Fast forward - I decided to buy it. Went to the bank purchased the cashiers check and off to Virginia I went. Looking back on this experience, I should have realized something was up....because the owner was REALLY and I mean REALLY pushing for me to have the Bronco shipped to Oklahoma. He even went so far to offer to ship the Bronco to me on his dime. I declined because I wanted to see it and drive it before I finalized the sale.

With 23 hours of asphalt behind me, I pulled into this guys driveway and saw the Bronco. From 50 feet it looked awesome. Up close, not so much. This truck was completely eat up with rust in all the usual spots and had bondo from head to toe. They had put diamond tread everywhere in an attempt to hide all the rust and dents and then someone slapped paint on it. I hopped in it and drove it 2 blocks (first time I hit the brakes, it put me in the ditch), turned around and handed him the keys, got back in my truck and drove 23 hours back home without a Bronco. I was heart broken.

Here's the real story (as it was explained to me) and how it involves RR. This was supposedly a Stage 2, Rocky Roads, frame off restoration. The owner later admitted to me that he was absolutely ripped off by them and he was simply trying to dump it. He paid something like $30K for it, they shipped it to him and he was trying to rid himself of it for $18K. He actually offered it to me for $7500 as I was pulling out of his driveway. It wasn't worth $3500. Oh, and BTW I called RR's before I left my house and they vouched for the owner and the fact that this was an actual Stage 2 build!!!!!!!!!

Once again, each to their own. It is/was apparent to folks on this site that RR's business model was to flip EB's with as little effort as possible for the most amount of money (similar to Gas Monkeys). Maybe he has changed directions and is actually focused on turning out quality built Broncos!?! Who knows. The thing that most of us on here knows, is that if we were going to pay someone big bucks to build us a Bronco, it wouldn't be a RR Bronco.

Good luck to you and I hope that you enjoy this site and that you actually contribute at some point. As others have stated, we would love to see some of your work. Post away!! We love pictures here.

Lastly, rather than just talk the talk, I'm posting up some pics of my Bronco so you know I can walk the walk. I didn't do all the work on it, but I did a lot of it and I am very proud of what I've accomplished.

Attachments

• DriverFront1.jpg
    DriverFront1.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 197
  • DriverRear.jpg
    DriverRear.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 196
  • PassengerSide.jpg
    PassengerSide.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 193

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Great looking rig you have there Dale!kool too!

Last edited:

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Holy shit bowhunter why bury those pics in this turd of a thread? That's an awesome rig! If it has its own thread somewhere already, excuse my CRS...

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Holy shit bowhunter why bury those pics in this turd of a thread? That's an awesome rig! If it has its own thread somewhere already, excuse my CRS...

Thanks man. I know.....for some reason this thread got under my skin. One of these days I'll start a thread on my ride and thoroughly walk thru its progress. I've got several threads on bits and pieces of it here and there, but nothing from start to finish.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Bowhunter your bronco looks great! If you are in or around Lawton stop by for a beer!

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lastly, rather than just talk the talk, I'm posting up some pics of my Bronco so you know I can walk the walk. I didn't do all the work on it, but I did a lot of it and I am very proud of what I've accomplished.

NICE! I think that just blew my mind!;D

70 Steed

I don't think we will see George or the OP back here anytime soon.

I just posted this to increase my post count so people will think I'm knowledgable. :)