• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

F8 LUBR Build Thread

Joe473

Coming along nice!! I have to ask, are those the ar172 baha rims? Been looking at them in 17x8 4.5 bacspacing for me LUBR

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Appreciate it fellas! Getting closer!

Coming along nice!! I have to ask, are those the ar172 baha rims? Been looking at them in 17x8 4.5 bacspacing for me LUBR
No they are the Black Rock Yumas in 16". Same wheels ICON 4x4 uses on his builds

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Working on the astro boost swap today and the one I bought has an angled bracket and it sits too high:

8p9ZTqg.jpg

If we clock the whole unit then it hits the valve cover:

W34V4kf.jpg

Steve got the massive nut off and then cut the angle out of the bracket and welded it back up. This guy is good!

QWPo1Cp.jpg

KV6qXbO.jpg

Sits level but now I need a 90 clocking bracket which deals4u5309 on eBay sells:

9BPEbiS.png

Much better!

DAZNbs7.jpg

Last edited:

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
beautiful. I'm rushing to finish before you do and show me up!

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I just noticed your selling the hellcat? why :(
To help pay for this resto! So close to being done, I dont want to cut corners now but Im up to my eye balls and have good equity in the Cat. Plus it gives me the chance to get into a Raptor that Ive wanted for a long time. I just never had a garage door tall enough to handle one. Time to get higher off the ground and steer into potholes rather than swerving to miss them! I'll get another Hellcat in a few years, probably in F8 Green to match

Last edited:
OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Got to work on the door internals. Cleaned up, painted and greased the window regulators:

lewSOBK.jpg

mnxW49A.jpg

Cleaned, painted and regreased the door glass mounts:

0TcBYiW.jpg

Raptor lined bumpers patiently waiting for their new home:

EuKECrU.jpg

Cooling system flushed out, rebuilt the hard fuel lines from the engine to the frame:

GdpH2a4.jpg

Mounted the firewall insulation pad and got the heater and core bolted in. He was not thrilled with the pad from Toms, tons of trimming needed to fit right:

Il60JUb.jpg

Wiring is under way with the American Autowire Harness. The instructions it comes with are amazing:

58AkDrN.jpg

Notice the hidden power port on the bottom lip of the dash:

fEW1Tkg.jpg

Removing everything I won't be using to clean it up like VSS, power windows/locks, aftermarket gauge and column leads, digital tach, electric choke, electric fan, etc. We are running a trailer harness and backup camera leads to the back as well as power wires to the front in case I want to add a light bar:

vEbIxep.jpg

Back of the cluster that Kevin at Classy Gauges resto'd and its all wired up nicely:

eLy6ITn.jpg

Sneak peak with the new bezels

npDmdtW.jpg

The painter got a little excited and did the whole steering column in green. Nothing else is green in the engine bay. I think we need to scuff it up and paint it black. Thoughts?

p1yjE00.jpg

Last edited:

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
JefeAZ
I look forward every day to see your build! The paint is absolutely beautiful. You are doing a great job on this EB. This will be a top shelf build! looking forward to the next update.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I don't blame ya.. got to have them priorities right

To help pay for this resto! So close to being done, I dont want to cut corners now but Im up to my eye balls and have good equity in the Cat. Plus it gives me the chance to get into a Raptor that Ive wanted for a long time. I just never had a garage door tall enough to handle one. Time to get higher off the ground and steer into potholes rather than swerving to miss them! I'll get another Hellcat in a few years, probably in F8 Green to match

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
We discovered a ton of play in the steering box so that's getting rebuilt and upgraded for modern road feel. Also my front driveshaft was not useable but I called Randcy atr Driven 4x4 in Phoenix and he shipped me a good one. Randy is awesome!

Picked up an Esky backup camera that will show up on the Kenwood screen. I can add another camera as it has front/rear capabilities:

61zLcKieWiL._SX522_.jpg

The heater control hole on the dash was too high and interfered with the cowl. I decided to bring that top control down in line with the others and move the power port from the bottom lip. So this top hole got welded up which also gave us more room for the defroster duct. First major goof of the build so the dash goes for a repaint:

0SagW8h.jpg

Putting the doors and tailgate back together. First time these colors have been together and it looks awesome:

GoW2isA.jpg

Door prep is not an easy job but even more difficult when you spray undercoating inside them. 4 holes in each door were primered and painted over. I had to very carefully find them, poke a screw through and gently carve out the holes:

NMr9RKc.jpg

New handles and upper door felt trim from Toms. Door handles work better than new:

3m3im1S.jpg

Satin silver just pops against the green! Big thanks again to Ryan at www.LUBR4x4.com for powdercoating emblems, grill letters, headlight rings, license plate frame and tailgate strikers/latches/hinges to match:

q82Z9YS.jpg

Tailgate rebuild was a breeze!

oLJsSKc.jpg

5AiVdeX.jpg

New support cables from Toms so no more squeaks/rattles. Really glad we went with Raptor liner on the tailgate:

eDpD8i8.jpg

After a little adjustment got it all lined up perfectly:

UsvxEd1.jpg

SctnGIJ.jpg

7P3L65c.jpg

Saginaw pump installed and master cylinder clocked. Going to cut the breather neck down for more clearance but this should work fine. Also modifying the Saginaw bracket to get those ports farther away from the fender:

zHMlwjV.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Briarwood vinyl up top and Old Whiskey vinyl on the bottom. Waterproof and feels like leather:

7L8wvZ4.jpg

Without the mounting screws

xh51GbI.jpg

Doors are ready to hang:

WeX4wee.jpg

PDtWgRb.jpg

7cPeD0u.jpg

The stainless window crank really stands out but once they're mounted it will look better with all of the silver on the dash:

yyMFUpe.jpg

Picked up 13 LEDs to replace the turn signals, markers, brakes, license, interior courtesy and back up lights. Got them from SuperBrightLEDs

1157-NW27-T-2PK Natural White - Signals/Brakes
1156-NW27-T-2PK 420 Lumens - Reverse
194-NWHP5 Natural 4100K - Markers
1142-CW12-G 107 Lumens - License
2 DOCA Flasher Relay 12V Heavy Duty (Amazon)

LXpTxBs.jpg

Last edited: