• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Texas Metal Viewing Party! Houston, TX *** PREVIEW ADDED ***

fosgate150

The suspension work along with the metal fabrication was great work!

In my opinion that color has been done too many times, and the bright blue accent color was terrible. The wheels and tires are what this shop does, so no shock there.

They pushed the "waterproof" thing so much, why didn't the just use a fiberglass body? The final color looked like a dark fiberglass body anyway.

Bottom line, it's a Bronco and it is awesome!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Oh, and by the way...... I had more interest in seeing the teal bronco and stretched green bronco from the get-go and especially towards the end. Those two broncos turned me on more than the Texas Metal Hot Wheels bronco.

Yes. Both are very nice builds. I was pushing this more for the fact that they had invited Club members to attend and I was hoping they'd get some air time. They did! And really more than I thought - especially Mike in the green 4 door (The whole episode kicked off with his Bronco!). Plus Bill did plug his "friends at the Lonestar Early Bronco Club". We've had a number of requests to join the LEBC Facebook group since the airing so I think we got some good PR out of it.

Actually I liked the windshield treatment except for the fact that he now can't attach a bikini or soft top to it. It looked good with the hinge eliminated and welded up. And I thought the angle looked fine. I've always thought a small chop to the Bronco windshield would look OK.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I can admit when I'm wrong. You nailed it! LOL

I shouldn't be so hard them. They just have their own taste and as long as they made their client happy, good on them! They probably wouldn't like my Bronco. LOL.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I Was able to attend, due to a quick last minute biz trip had a great time and got to meet some new folks. As for the build my hat is always off to those willing to do what inspires them, wasn’t to my taste, I don’t have to, they do and the owner does, that’s what matters.

Many years ago I used to work at a custom rod shop. On the wall in the front door instead of a big wall with the company name was a quote “Anyone can perform a restoration, they have manuals for that. It takes genuine inginuity and fortitude to cut up a perfectly good car to build what you envision”. That was the PC version from the owner...lol. But that motto has served me well for several decades

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Scoop
Hopefully the new owner will get you Lonestar guys to help or give advice on his crawler.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am with you on that. A lot of what they do is not my taste but the quality of the work is amazing. And it's a business, they are not a "Bronco" specific shop so they are going to build with the trend. It takes a lot of confidence in your ability to take a 100K+ 2018 vehicle and just start hacking it up.

Iron Resurrection (Joe Martin) also does excellent work, his show is the best for me. i forgot to record this one, but i will catch it tonight.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Back in the early '80s I first noticed how good the work on some lowriders was, but while I can appreciate the level of craftsmanship I still do not find them to my tastes.

This is much the same way.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Scoop
Hopefully the new owner will get you Lonestar guys to help or give advice on his crawler.

Yes I hope so. We’ll send him to BC or Bailie Bilt or Krawlers Edge - someone with actual Bronco off road experience!

Iron Resurrection (Joe Martin) also does excellent work, his show is the best for me. i forgot to record this one, but i will catch it tonight.

Totally agree. Joe’s shop is less than 10 miles from my house. I have spoken to Mandy and we’re trying to set up a meet and greet for sometime after the first of the year.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Oh, and by the way...... I had more interest in seeing the teal bronco and stretched green bronco from the get-go and especially towards the end. Those two broncos turned me on more than the Texas Metal Hot Wheels bronco.

Mike and Amy.. Great peoples. Brings it to OCBR every year

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Scoop, that would be awesome, i might try to make that event. I am only 5 or so hours away.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As for the build my hat is always off to those willing to do what inspires them, wasn’t to my taste, I don’t have to, they do and the owner does, that’s what matters.

“Anyone can perform a restoration, they have manuals for that. It takes genuine inginuity and fortitude to cut up a perfectly good car to build what you envision”

AMEN Stevo
These guys are NOT a restoration shop nor do they build rock crawlers. I guess the only disappointing thing to me was the material for the cage, but then again, It's better than those smitty built things that a lot of hwy only driven broncos get. This Bronco won't ever roll over a rock unless a rock falls off another vehicle in a parking lot. It will cruise and attend shows where it will fit in with other vehicles. I have no problem with it, they could have chose many other vehicles but chose to build up a non road worthy Bronco. It's all good.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Back in the early '80s I first noticed how good the work on some lowriders was, but while I can appreciate the level of craftsmanship I still do not find them to my tastes.

This is much the same way.

I feel the exact same way about the custom choppers. They are not my thing but I respect the guys that can do it on that insane level.

Like Jesse James said, "See I sweat all the little fu%?ing details that nobody else does and that's why blue collar Joe will drop 50k for one of my used bikes"

Last edited:

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX

I love that show a lot, really respect the craftmanship that goes into their cars. plus the humor they have and not taking themselves too seriously is awesome.

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Just watched the episode. Craftmanshio A+, colors are not what I would do, but that's what we all want, to see variety. Show is good in introducing new concepts and showing old school techniques. Props to Texas Metal for that. And they started with not much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk