• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mississippi Bronco Club

SteamDonkey

Loc.
Olympia
a good suggestion for the carb size.

Sadly most people go way to big on their carb selection...like trying to flush a toilet thru a straw... for maximum torque you are better off with a smaller carb, increased vacuum and higher intake velocity..

you can substitute your engine cu.in into these formulas and get a good idea what you need for max carb cfm

Engine size 302cu.in. divided by 2 = 151 cu.in / per crank revolution

if you figure 90% volumetric efficiency
"85% is more realistic for a 2 valve engine"
it would = 151cu.in.*.9 = 135.9 cu. in./ per revolution

max rpm will say 6,000 rpm "YeeHaa"

6000rpm * 135.9 cu.in. = 815400 Cu.in. / per minute

1 Cu.Ft. = 12"*12"*12" = 1728 cu.in.

815400 cu.in./minute divided by 1728 cu.in. = 384.49 CFM

add 30% so Carb is flowing at 70% of it's max at your Max RPM

384.49 *1.30= 499.383 CFM = 500CFM

So 500 cfm "air flow capability is all you need" this will give you the max flow you need....

once you get it up and running then you need to tune the carb to your engines needs...This is where the Power come from
ie accelerator pump, power valve and vac secondary adjust if applicable... if your interested I can give you the procedure I use for the tuning..

hope this helps
Steamdonkey

efficiency 151cu.in. * .8 = 120.8 cu.in.

max rpm 5500 rpm 5500*120.8= 664,400 cu.in / min

1728 cu. in. = 1 cu ft 664400/1728 =

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Shaggy's just opened up across the spillway on the rankin side. Tried to go last Sunday and the wait was an hour and a half to get a table at lunch.

Yikes... Old HS buddy is the head Chef over at Shuckers.. Robbie..

They got some good food

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Happy New Year. Hope you got some good Bronco stuff from yourself...err Santa.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Y'all staying afloat down there.. Hopefully that rain finally cut out on ya :)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Hey Dave chickens sleepin in the willow trees lol. I've never seen it like this here for so long a period of time. It's rained n flooded bad in this area before but it's been 7 days now. All of north Mississippi is under some kinda flood watch. Toccopola is under a severe flood watch. Never had that before.

All school within the Tupelo tv stations viewing area are closed. Cep in the city there.

I

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Bean field over in north Tupelo.

Attachments

• 0222191159.jpg
    0222191159.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 22

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
Same thing over in West TN. All rivers are out of the banks and flooding. I drove home Friday from the Delta and it almost looked like one huge ocean. Never seen so much water!
Had a couple of tornadoes in MS last night. One was in Columbus and the other was in Tishomingo County. You ok down there Half Cab?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Same thing over in West TN. All rivers are out of the banks and flooding. I drove home Friday from the Delta and it almost looked like one huge ocean. Never seen so much water!
Had a couple of tornadoes in MS last night. One was in Columbus and the other was in Tishomingo County. You ok down there Half Cab?

Yeah they went north and south of us here. Man it's been a tough 8 days - flooding then the tornadoes. Glad to see the sunshine again.