• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Long arms... sweet

Yeah, been wanting to get some for years. Should be more concerned about getting the tranny replaced instead of spending money on soft tops and long arms:p

Just can't make up my mind on going with a 6r80 or less expensive 4r70w. That 4.17 1st gear of the 6r80 would be really nice.

Bferrari

Wild horses 1.5 premium lift kit installed today so now I have a rolling chassis again.
MIW1HzW.jpg

sDezPJW.jpg

Nice work!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Took my picture with my note 9 holding it straight up. I'll give holding it sideways a shot and see what it does.

Got the note 9 as well, and that seems to work i think.

Usually horizontal On occasion it'll freak out

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Long arms... sweet

Yeah, been wanting to get some for years. Should be more concerned about getting the tranny replaced instead of spending money on soft tops and long arms:p

Just can't make up my mind on going with a 6r80 or less expensive 4r70w. That 4.17 1st gear of the 6r80 would be really nice.

It'll be one of those break it and upgrade it things for me....

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Po said aux tank leaked, think I found out why

Attachments

• 20181213_201150.jpg
    20181213_201150.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 72

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
Opened the back of the door posts up to replace the door hinge backing plates. Started making templates to fill the metal I cut out. Will clean up the inside best I can and POR15 unless they turn out to be too far gone, really don't want to get into complete door post replacements......

Attachments

• 12.14.18_Drivers Door Post.jpg
    12.14.18_Drivers Door Post.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 12.14.18_Passenger Door Post.jpg
    12.14.18_Passenger Door Post.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 77

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Filled the nv3500 with mopar trans fluid. Had to go to O'Reilly 's and buy a bigass hex socket to fit the drain plug. Also had to remove the shifter,no easy way to do this but it's all full now and happy,the test drive awaits. ;)

snoddas

Picked up the christmas tree with it and later in the evening more snow - got feeling at took it for a spin.

Notice the change of the side mirrors, remaining are a lot of bolt holes unfortunately.

/Anders

Attachments

• IMG_1424.jpg
    IMG_1424.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1404.jpg
    IMG_1404.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

snoddas

Anders, That sure came out nice. It looks right at home in the snow.

Thanks Ken! Snow and forest yes. Sad I live in a big city now but I am from a small village up north, there it's forest, forest and forest haha.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Picked up the christmas tree with it and later in the evening more snow - got feeling at took it for a spin.

Notice the change of the side mirrors, remaining are a lot of bolt holes unfortunately.

/Anders

Thats a great looking truck ya got.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Opened the back of the door posts up to replace the door hinge backing plates. Started making templates to fill the metal I cut out. Will clean up the inside best I can and POR15 unless they turn out to be too far gone, really don't want to get into complete door post replacements......

I just made a template for the same area. I'm using them to make my engine cage removable. I can send you the .dxf file if you want to have them cut.

Attachments

• IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 36

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
I just made a template for the same area. I'm using them to make my engine cage removable. I can send you the .dxf file if you want to have them cut.

Thanks JSmall, but I had some down time this weekend and made some templates out of cardboard and then transferred them to some 18 gauge steel I had laying around. I appreciate the offer though.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru

/Anders

great looking Bronco, you did a nice job, like the pic in the snow

Mar1ne

Loc.
Sierra Foothills, CA
Your tape job looks too aggressive, be sure to leave enough metal to screw or fasten your flares to.

I haven't cut it yet, planning to this afternoon. I'm in question now. The cuts will be the interior of the tape. The portion where the flare attaches is the tape itself. With that said, does it appear correct or was that your understanding anyway?

The war flare doesn't really allow it to go lower.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 9.19.42 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 9.19.42 AM.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 9.19.26 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 9.19.26 AM.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 103

snoddas

great looking Bronco, you did a nice job, like the pic in the snow

Thanks man.
Its a driver, it could need some sheet metal job but it drives and work according to me very well. Its fun to drive and cruise around with.

Have belt trim and clips, that will be next on the to do list. Need to figur out how the trim/clips attach to the tailgate though.

/Anders

Bradsp8

If you've put the flares up against the fender and then taped the outline and allowed for it then all should be ok. I was worried you were going to wind up cutting too much and then not have enough metal left to attach the flare. Err on the side of caution as you can always go back and trim more off if necessary.