• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mississippi Bronco Club

74 Explorer

Are any MS boys planning on going to the Superlift Park for their Memorial Day weekend event? I am shooting for having mine ready before then. I have never been up there or to any other ORV park and would like to have someone to ride with. Let me know if anyone would like to meet up.

Me and a Jeep friend are going April 29th through May 2nd. Your welcome to come with us.
Also, I have a group of a friends that are going the weekend of May 22th. (checkout msorc.com for more information on their ride).

Thomas

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Are any MS boys planning on going to the Superlift Park for their Memorial Day weekend event? I am shooting for having mine ready before then. I have never been up there or to any other ORV park and would like to have someone to ride with. Let me know if anyone would like to meet up.

Won't be any shortage of people to wheel with that weekend. Superlift has there big thing that weekend. 4xadventure or something like that. Here's a link to the site check the events calendar.http://www.orvpark.com/

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
That's the reason I planned mine for different weekend.

Probably would be better to go on an "off weekend" being the first trip for my rig and me. 74 Explorer - I saw on msorc.com that you are running ARB's f/r AND live around Brandon.....How good are you at installing them or willing to lend a hand or a little oversight? Mine will be in on Wednesday and if I can get them in and all the bugs out from being on jack stands since the beginning of duck season I will try for the April 29 or May 22 trip to Hot Springs. I asked a local shop today when dropping off my driveshaft and they said $650 per axle just for the install! Let me know if you would be willing to lend a hand. Thanks.

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
they said $650 per axle just for the install! Thanks.

jackson power train? i hate that place. actually ren is a nice guy but i cant afford him. I know a guy that may be able to help you out if Thomas cant. His name is scott hales and he lives in flora.

74 Explorer

I have some jeep friends that have been using a guy in pearl and I think he will do the front and rear for around $300-400 (labor) if you can take the axles to him. I get his number tomorrow.

Scott Hale is good guy also, haven't see him in years, but he does good work also.

Btw My gear guy lives in Vicksburg and only works on my junk. (if I aggravate him enough) LOL..

O yeah, if you don't have the gears and install kits, try pricing them a Jackson Gear, talk to Alan and tell him Thomas sent ya. We're neighbors (almost).

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
Yes it was Jackson Powertrain. They were real nice but didn't seem too excited when I mentioned ARB's.

If you don't mind please get the guy in Pearls number and I'll give him a call. Do you think I will need to take the axles out and carry to him or could I just take the whole truck?

The more I think about it I am kind of wanting to give it a try on my own. I have found some good instructions online and have heard that the ARB's come with good instructions. I would like the experience and it would also be rewarding if successful. Does this sound foolish or should I just pony up the money and get it done? Worst thing that could happen would be to have to take it somewhere if I couldn't do it? Any thoughts? Thanks.

74 Explorer

My bronco had the gears and arb's when I bought it, jackson powertrain did the install.
If your mechanically inclined and have the tools to do it with I'd go for it. Keep in mind you need a press and have to save your old bearings to test fit the clearances and then press the new ones on once you have the backlash and tolerances right. It takes alot of time if you've never done it before.
I will pm you the details on the guy in pearl.

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
The more I think about it I am kind of wanting to give it a try on my own. I have found some good instructions online and have heard that the ARB's come with good instructions. I would like the experience and it would also be rewarding if successful. Does this sound foolish or should I just pony up the money and get it done? Worst thing that could happen would be to have to take it somewhere if I couldn't do it? Any thoughts? Thanks.

I say go for it yourself, just take your time, keep everything clean and in order.It'll probably take you 4 or 5 times per end to get it right, but think of the money you'll save.. I'm a cheapskate though;D

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
Lockers came in yesterday. They have a step-by-step manual with boxes to check after each task. It is broken down so well that it almost tells you when to get another beer. I'm tearing into the rear this weekend. I will keep y'all updated. Thanks for the help.

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
Are any of y'all still planning on goin to Hot Springs the weekend of May 22??? Got my ARB's and gears in and am ready to break something! Ha.

JakeAlex

Loc.
New Albany, MS
Are any of y'all still planning on goin to Hot Springs the weekend of May 22??? Got my ARB's and gears in and am ready to break something! Ha.

Id like to go (for my first time ever) in Sept but not sure I will have mine "ready". Well, not sure it would ever be "ready" but you know what I mean. I'll probably have to wait until next year to make sure mine is good to go.

How do most of you Ms guys plan on going? Will you be driving your ride or trailering? Figure trailering would be best in the event something gets broken....right?

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
You coming in Sept..? I forget.. ;D

I REALLY wanted to make OCBR but found out the other day that my wife's best friend is getting married that weekend and unless I want to live in my bronco I will need to be at the wedding. Very inconsiderate on the friend's part...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I REALLY wanted to make OCBR but found out the other day that my wife's best friend is getting married that weekend and unless I want to live in my bronco I will need to be at the wedding. Very inconsiderate on the friend's part...

LOL, no doubt..! I can understand that though.

JROwens

Loc.
Raymond, MS
How do most of you Ms guys plan on going? Will you be driving your ride or trailering? Figure trailering would be best in the event something gets broken....right?

Definitely on a trailer. That would be a long ride in a bronco. Also a long way from home if you break something and had no other transportation.