• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Replacing 1st body cross member and trying to figure out how to get my aftermarket floorplans dry fitted without gaps.

Then, if there's time, finish stripping all the hardware out of my doors before sending them off to media blasting.

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
Moved it from storage to the shop.
Bought and organized everything I need to convert to disc brakes.
I'll update tomorrow :)

LilRedBronco

Loc.
Belmont, California
I replaced a heater hose, upper radiator hose, flushed radiator, new fan belt and vacuum lines as a form of preventative maintenance. Last weekend it was new plugs, MSD wires and stripped and repainted my Powered by Ford valve covers.

Next weekend HEI Distributor, new stereo (Ipod ready) I figured with 1K watts might as well have an IPod hook up.

And the best thing I will do with it today is take the wife, the German Shepherd and my insane Jack Russell Terrier over to the beach in Half Moon Bay to play on the beach and in the Pacific.

That is if the wife will ever stop getting ready.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
not the 74 but the 78 tow rig, Finished tearing the engine down for the overhaul and have the hydroboost mounting bracket figured out. Good news the engine looks great for 200K. Next week sand blast and paint all the engine accessories, oil pan, finish cleaning out the engine bay and paint it. (hopefully!)

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I didn't do anything today but last week I put on msd 6al ignition and a msd pro billet dizzy, that was fun.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Well today I put a new sender in the intake and got my water temp gauge working. Then I went looking for that little miss I have. Long story short I ended up pulling the distributor out. I was going to swap in a different one just to cross it off the list. Well the oil pump shaft came with it. I am inside now having a beer or 3.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
hmmm, let's see... got pulleys on, fought the power steering pump (aint gonna fit), figured out that I'm missing my main alternator bracket, installed the tranny dipstick and vac lines, neutral safety switch, both driveshafts, got my carb on, fought with several different air cleaners, and made a list of crap I still gotta buy.
I tell ya, putting an engine together out of boxes of parts that've been sitting for a decade, and stickin it in a chassis it was not designed for is not so easy.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
Put the door handles, bumpers, safari top and fender flares back on after the paint job. Spent a lot of time cleaning off the overspray from all my previous rattle can jobs.
Tom

MattW

New battery, battery cables, v belt, oil, spark plugs, fuel filter and adjusted the clutch. Tomorrow will probably be new hoses, coolant, water pump and thermostat. Catching up on 20+ years of routine maintenance can get a little pricey...

markperry

Bronco Guru
Well today I put a new sender in the intake and got my water temp gauge working. Then I went looking for that little miss I have. Long story short I ended up pulling the distributor out. I was going to swap in a different one just to cross it off the list. Well the oil pump shaft came with it. I am inside now having a beer or 3.

That sucks....not the fact you are drinking a beer, but the pump shaft issue sucks....You probably wanted to change your oil pan gasket anyway:p :p :p

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had a bit of a rough idle on the drivers side. I have been trying to get my carb to tune out correctly with little avail. I didn't like the ticking sound so I pulled the valve cover. Two bent pushrods, so I'm waiting on parts so I'll put in the tach and carpet strips.

77BroncoSport

Loc.
Sandy, UT
Checked the oil and put gas in it---then drove 125 miles through the mountains yesterday.

Car show in Oakely, Utah, The Canyons, Park City, Deer Valley, Guardmans Pass, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Brighton, Solitude---my stops along the way.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
So far I replaced the distributer and had a test drive. runs sweet now. I also found a deal on some steel wheels. $ 40 bucks total. Going to put them on dads bronco.

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 96
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 65
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 86

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I allong with a neighbor were able to get the ignition system to work but for some reason the fuel pump won't remain engaged. I do believe the orange bronco will live again!!!!