• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

F8 LUBR Build Thread

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
That is going to be a great looking Bronco! A very exciting part of the build. Can't wait to see it assembled. Ken

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Thanks guys! You and me both!
Paint looks awesome! Always a good feeling like youre getting closer to driving it! pics in post 39 are not showing up for me
He's telling me late November/December. I keep forgetting how much work it is putting it back together, rewiring, interior install, get it running, etc. Got the pics reuploaded. Thanks!

Last edited:

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
yup, you def think cool paints on lets go! I'm a year out from paint on mine and I'm still making adjudtments. Hopefully i'llbe back on the road by end of October with my truck. The raptor liner looks great by the way!

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dandy, dandy, dandy! Very nice, great work, inspirational thread!

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Just ordered a Tuff Stuff 1 wire 100A alternator, pointless distributor/coil, new tailgate and door seals, Astro hydroboost, master cylinder, and heater core

Insides of the doors painted with the Second Skin inside:

wXuCTsX.jpg

Seam sealer around the skin of the doors:

fCluSOU.jpg

Mocked up for final fitment and gap checking:

ueWcdmt.jpg

Door hinges painted, waiting on new pins and strikers:

LKc0Ja7.jpg

Raptor Liner in the fenders:

rkus834.jpg

Fiberglass is tough to line up with original steel but after 10+ adjustments and some fenders shims we got the gaps right:

0LBwzPg.jpg

He is now blocking the rest of the body.

7ygPtig.jpg

W1iBQDJ.jpg

T9Ix4Wk.jpg

y6OaMhp.jpg

ktJtdn0.jpg

AjVO4Xu.jpg

gq5LUC7.jpg

320 grit and wiped with alcohol:

Zy4X9Mn.jpg

Amazing how much this stuff shines. Next is 600 soft pad and then primer, seam sealer and paint on Sunday!

v3OlTus.jpg

7fKXYql.jpg

Last edited:

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Forecast calling for several sleepless nights the rest of the week.....bet you can’t stand to see the final result. Then again, neither can we......keep them pics comin’!

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Forecast calling for several sleepless nights the rest of the week.....bet you can’t stand to see the final result. Then again, neither can we......keep them pics comin’!
I told him to text me when its safe to come over so I can put up a lawn chair, drink and a beer and watch her dry!

Probably 2 more weekends at the painters then back to the fab guy to tear apart and clean up the front end, harness/dash install and fire it up. Hasn't ran in 3.5 years. Thousands of man hours in this thing!

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Its paint day! He rolled the Bronco, parts and all of his tools out and power-washed the entire shop. Seam sealer went on and he began masking it off:

e2kDx4G.jpg

cdIctsE.jpg

ANwyw0k.jpg

Floating Bronco:

r2QExAK.jpg

Looks good in grey primer:

neUnXz5.jpg

He did 2 base coats with Sherwin Williams paint and then sanded the F8 green. Then a 3rd and final coat

ZQMQ5fF.jpg

mTfEYJ3.jpg

obRbFSS.jpg

rIDMQBi.jpg

6WkevAw.jpg

rLKsvaB.jpg

qyvtsNV.jpg

Baking time!

VnpoQfL.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Walk around video after 3 coats of Sherwin Williams CC200 Premium Dynamic Clearcoat(click for vid):

tEn1WrH.jpg

IAUNooX.jpg

v48dtmY.jpg

cZUCR6r.jpg

hj2hym8.jpg

jon37rF.jpg

WWEbBUg.jpg

EzgJ4VV.jpg

kw5NWsG.jpg

uUFU4fo.jpg

GV4qFnl.jpg

UfbiajP.jpg

Notice how the green changes under bright lights:

IMJEGk5.jpg

I just love the flake detail:

mZ2I7Uy.jpg

eTnATNF.jpg

NjsbWWQ.jpg

Last edited:

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
That truck is going to pop in that AZ sun! wow the metallic flake is rich!