• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

F8 LUBR Build Thread

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
It's a beauty!
Thank you sir!
looks good jeff... good call on the bezels...I think it would look to "busy" with those on there. Looks clean!
Ya I sent them to you for powdercoating because I thought we needed more silver but its such a clean flush look without them. Plus I would need some sort of gasket on the back as they sit right on the paint.
Looks very Good! Nice work Jeff... Great attention to detail
Thank you! I should have it back home in 2 weeks for the cage and interior install. It would happen next week but its the Masters. Sorry Bronco!
Killing it bud! It's going to be so nice.
From the restoration guru himself! Thanks man! I cant wait for that first cruise.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Windshield and dual wiper motors installed:

bsyoPYD.jpg

Put 5 gallons in it to get it tuned but the sending unit gasket was rotted and we lost half the tank. Replaced the gasket and it fired right up first try! Got it all tuned up and it runs better than ever. Running for the first time in 4 years(click the image for the video):

Got a text on Cinco de Mayo that its ready to come home!

Ho53Y2Z.jpg

pWiSQDe.jpg

Keeping a close eye on it the whole way home(click for vid):

Back home for the final touches. Flooring, bumpers, cage, seats, aux tank, speakers, doors, rear panels, trim, and much more.

SKrN7hW.jpg

WqqdPEe.jpg

Here is the Denali SoundBomb 12V Dual Tone Horn in action(click for vid):

Last edited:
OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Thanks fellas! Very exciting times ahead!
Congrats Jefe on getting it back home!

Looking sharp!
Thanks! Going to need an extra set of hands in 4-6 weeks putting the cage in. Also someone on the FB group said they saw you driving towards Reddington Pass not too long ago haha
Jefe,
Looking good!
What brand/size wheels?
16" Black Rock Yumas. I just found out a few months ago they were discontinued. Been trying to find a spare or two with no luck

Last edited:

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Thanks fellas! Very exciting times ahead!

Thanks! Going to need an extra set of hands in 4-6 weeks putting the cage in. Also someone on the FB group said they saw you driving towards Reddington Pass not too long ago haha

I'd be happy to help anytime! I get the end of the cage though to stay away from that beautiful paint ;D We're off to Oregon mid June for 6 weeks.

Haven't had the Bronco up Reddington since last fall. Probably just heading home. Been having fun up there on dirt bikes with someones uncle though! ;D

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Im really glad the painter convinced me to paint the whole column. The dash came out better than I ever imagined it could. I sent out the turn signal arm out to www.LUBR4x4.com for matching powdercoating and also added the billet column cover from TBP:

3zKdEIh.jpg

Just need to get the glove box door on:

xLzFppO.jpg

Installed the Protofab rock solid custom front bumper and satin silver wipers:

7uIhl7o.jpg

Got all of the exterior light housings bolted up with new gaskets and LED bulbs:

aa4VFIS.jpg

Got the new H4 headlights in with the powdercoated rings and rolled it out into the sun. Still need to do some hood alignment and get the shocks bolted up:

zo86bQg.jpg

Protofab rock solid rear bumper is on as well. I have silver FORD letters going on the tailgate as soon as its detailed. It is really filthy but hard to tell in these pics:

zsnPNLg.jpg

The Bronco looks like a toy next to the Raptor!

pvuzP1N.jpg

V9ywS6Y.jpg

Installed the Bronco script fenders emblems. Check out the paint flake!

qZ7NM07.jpg

Last edited:

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
The shift lever, bezels, and FORD letters look great man! Good to finally see them on the truck!

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Got the new Marti Works VIN plate mounted to the glove box door:

lyoWiDk.jpg

Here are the LEDs I picked up from SuperBrightLeds:

1156-NW27-T-2PK 420 Lumens - Reverse
1157-NW27-T-2PK - Signals
194-NWHP5 Natural 4100K - Markers
1142-CW12-G 107 Lumens - License
2 DOCA Flasher Relay 12V Heavy Duty (Amazon)

oXd1Hfm.jpg

I'm seeing too much of a blue hue to the H4 headlights from Toms. I will be replacing these with a true 4300/5000K LED bulb that's pure white:

TWqlSVt.jpg

Neat shot of the Hellwig sway bar peaking out:

QaPufiU.jpg

Cleaned up the front half of the tub and put more sound deadening down:

C8I2clm.jpg

Using the Stock Interiors vinyl flooring kit # 13163 that includes fenderwells and a tailgate piece. If anyone wants the 2 fenderwell pieces let me know as I did not use them:

6JKSfVR.jpg

We laid it out the morning of the install in 75 degree weather and it became very pliable in an hour or two. We did the sound deadening up front, jute padding, and then glued the rear section in on Saturday. The rear section was simple to install:

FbHLaoT.jpg

haqSBCr.jpg

The front vinyl section had a pre-molded drop for the passenger side floor which is an issue since we welded the Wildhorses storage box in as a seat mount so I had to modify it to work. I also asked Stock Interiors to let the front piece run long so we could modify it ourselves to fit. Little did I know we would spend 7 hours cutting, shaping and test fitting. I think I made over 100 cuts and here is the scrap pile:

FoGv6xv.jpg

Last test fit before the glue goes on

y0dtzKH.jpg

We used DAP Weldwood contact cement which has heat and water resistance. Once the glue goes on you have 15 minutes before the vinyl needs to be bonded to the floor and its an immediate bond. It had to be done right the first time which was nerve racking around the trans tunnel. Really could have used an old set of encyclopedias but we made do with several household items:

OdhNtw1.jpg

The next day we drilled all the cage/seat bolt holes and got the homemade center console frame mounted up. We installed nutserts in the bed that it bolts to and the center console bolts to nutserts in the frame:

WiV5aHe.jpg

Luckily the only problem areas we had will be bolted down under a seat or console so Im pretty happy with the outcome. I would 100% recommend the rear piece to anyone looking for a simple way to install vinyl floor covering in the back but I dont think I would do the front install again. One of the tougher jobs I've done on a vehicle:

nsXSmZP.jpg

Laid the console on the bracket and got the side panels out just to see how they looked against the black:

1WWHuYS.jpg

Saturday we will be installing the roll cage, bolting the seats in and taking it on our first real drive in over 4 years:

yiNT3vG.jpg

Last edited:

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
GET THIS THING ON THE ROAD!!! You're so close...id have the seats in and driving it...lol! looks great!

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
GET THIS THING ON THE ROAD!!! You're so close...id have the seats in and driving it...lol! looks great!
Would have happened last weekend but my buddy got married in San Antonio so I was gone. Very close!
Looks great!
Thanks!
Looks great, who produces the vinyl kit? and can you buy the back separately?
Got it from Stock Interiors. It looks like they sell the complete rear kit which includes fenders and tailgate:

https://www.stockinteriors.com/moldedvinyl.asp?Itemid=22933&ModelId=221

You can get the rear under mat from Toms or Wildhorses for $135