• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bc top

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
What's the most recent info on the bc soft tops. Finally thinking of pulling the trigger on one and the site says out of stock. I know about the 6 month to eternity wait time but are they still available? Also noticed an install kit for another $100. Does that not come with the original purchase?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
What's the most recent info on the bc soft tops. Finally thinking of pulling the trigger on one and the site says out of stock. I know about the 6 month to eternity wait time but are they still available? Also noticed an install kit for another $100. Does that not come with the original purchase?

Maybe $1700 is not enough so they decided they need to nickel and dime you for more.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
What about Canback Canvas tops?

Aren't they where Chuck got the idea from?

As I recall Chucks had a few improvements over Canback. When the time comes I will wait on a BC top, but was wondering if anybody was running or contemplating a Canback Canvas top.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Not even sure how long ago.... but back when Stacey David was doing trucks TV on TNN....so really long time ago, haha, in fact before he did Crazy Horse. I believe he showed a Canback Canvas top on an early Bronco. But they probably don't do it anymore because there probably wasn't a strong enough market for it back then I would be curious to see what a modern evolution of it from them would look like if they did reproduce it.

OP
OP
S

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
From what I remember the can backs were pretty much a Gen 1 of the bc top. Pretty sure chuck was involved in the design and would be selling em. Somewhere things broke down so he made some improvements and did his own. The really cool ones were his first tops separate from canback. They were similar to what they sell now but you could make em a nice 1/2 cab too if you bought the lower bulkhead they made. I'm guessing the production cost was too high so they simplified it to what they sell now. I've been fine just throwing a bikini top on it when it rains but now that my daughter wants to drive it she asked if I could put a top on it. I'm not happy with the cheaper made tops having a kayline/stc tear and blow off on the freeway plus the rattling hardware. Even less chance of a hard top going back on.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Lots of good practical stuff there in the BC Top.
It also just plain looks cool.
That still matters to me too, lol,

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
They are ordered in batches. Best bet is to call and talk to Jason and try to get in the next batch. I will soon be ordering one.

HB73

What about Canback Canvas tops?

Aren't they where Chuck got the idea from?

As I recall Chucks had a few improvements over Canback. When the time comes I will wait on a BC top, but was wondering if anybody was running or contemplating a Canback Canvas top.
I have a Canback on mine. I checked out the BC top and they are nice. Plus you can actually buy them. That being said, the Canback is a bit higher quality. Nicer framework, stitching, and sunroof. But actually being able to buy a BC top puts Chuck way out ahead.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bchesley

They are worth the wait if you need a top. The install kit is for those who don't have workable seals. The top is just the top with zero seals. Not everyone needs them so they are left out. Still worth the money. I have had mine now for about 5 years and still love it. One of my best upgrades.

ryes

Keeping an eye out to see if they do another 10% Christmas sale, may just be enough to get me to pull the trigger on the top.

My bronco wants them to do it but my bank account doesn’t!