• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford is licensing brand new first-generation Bronco builds

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Still over $100,000. They should make one that's more economical and they'll sell more and make more money.

I'll buy a remoded Bronco if the price range was at $40,000.

OP
OP
m_m70

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Still over $100,000. They should make one that's more economical and they'll sell more and make more money.

I'll buy a remoded Bronco if the price range was at $40,000.

Only if it could be registered as pre-'74 to avoid CA smog for me...…….

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
I'm guessing most will be mall crawlers, but the electronics sure look like they are in harms way on the inside fender. You could really pack some mud around those unless they have inside fender skirts.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Only if it could be registered as pre-'74 to avoid CA smog for me...…….

I'm ok with it having to get smogged because it will have new engine and all the other "du-dads" that should make it smog legal. Heck, throw the 2.3L ecoboost in it.

Nothing Special

It's not clear to me if they're starting with an original vehicle and "restomodding" it or if they are build a whole new vehicle. Anybody know which?

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
It's not clear to me if they're starting with an original vehicle and "restomodding" it or if they are build a whole new vehicle. Anybody know which?

From the video I saw on Google news, it looks like they are doing what Icon4x4/TLC is doing: taking pretty solid EBs and restomoding them.

rmk57

For that much money I would want a brand new Dynacorn body.

Not same company but Ford is also licencing the building of brand new Boss 302, Boss 429 and Mach 1's. Sheesh, is nothing sacred anymore!

https://www.classic-recreations.com/

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Their builds sure look nice. I would have never thought I would be seeing Bronco's for sale at those prices on a regular basis.

Green_Bastard

Order a new, 1st gen Bronco

Anybody see this?

I'm not surprised by this but I'm wondering if and how it will affect values.

price209

Loc.
Folsom
The ebay ad says its a new body on a 1972 frame. Basically the thing looks like someone ordered everything to build a bronco from Wildhorses or Toms and then assembled it and is asking 200k for them. The one ebay is 193k and doesnt come with a top (extra 5500 for a hard top or 6200 for a soft top).

My question is since it is being sold as "new" will it be considered a 2019 Special Construction Vehicle, a 2019 Ford or will it still be labeled as whatever year the frame they are using was

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
Does that mean that the 2020 Bronco is not going to look anything like the first generation bronco?, FORD would not want to set a license that will compete with their sales.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Does that mean that the 2020 Bronco is not going to look anything like the first generation bronco?, FORD would not want to set a license that will compete with their sales.

I hope ford doesn't follow suit on pricing the 2020.