• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford is licensing brand new first-generation Bronco builds

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I think I remember seeing Gateway Broncos. If they are the ones I am thinking of, they were at Barret Jackson a few years back.

I have also seen the work Icon does. The two are not in the same class, not even close. Icon does much better work.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yes, Gateway has been at Barrett Jackson the past two years and will be there again in 2019.

Todd Z.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The same ones that did the "patina" body with modern powertrain? I was not impressed with the quality of there work. Lots of "good enough" or "it works" jobs.
But if you have the money, and know that you will keep spending it, good for you.

Icon is not half finished. The derelict series is mechanically done right, not just done and functioning at the moment. I have seen enough of Icon's work to know nothing is glossed over.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The same ones that did the "patina" body with modern powertrain? I was not impressed with the quality of there work. Lots of "good enough" or "it works" jobs.
But if you have the money, and know that you will keep spending it, good for you.

Icon is not half finished. The derelict series is mechanically done right, not just done and functioning at the moment. I have seen enough of Icon's work to know nothing is glossed over.

Yes, that is them. Icon seems to be the gold standard that everyone is trying to meet.

Todd Z.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Gateway was at SEMA this year as well...

Are there really that many people out there that have $100K +to spend on a Bronco

Attachments

• IMG_20181101_110853658.jpg
    IMG_20181101_110853658.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 102

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
It's not clear to me if they're starting with an original vehicle and "restomodding" it or if they are build a whole new vehicle. Anybody know which?

They have been rebuilding/resto-modding existing vehicles for several years now as others have noted.

Since you can essentially build a 'brand new' Bronco now with all aftermarket parts (like you can with Mustangs/Camaros, etc.), licensing with Ford is the next step.

I'm sure Seth has the VIN stuff all figured out, Ford gets their cut, and you have a "brand new" Bronco in the garage.

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Gateway was at SEMA this year as well...

Are there really that many people out there that have $100K +to spend on a Bronco

They're in different zip codes and tax brackets than I, but it appears there are people lining up to buy Broncos in this market. Witness the success of ICON, Maxlider, Classic Ford Broncos, Velocity, Gateway, etc. They all saw the fruits of the labors of NicksTrix, Rocky Roads, etc. and decided to get in on the action.

Todd Z.

jperry1290

If I had the money I might pay 100k for a completely custom EB with all new parts from a reputable custom shop. I don’t see how these places are getting 100k for so-so work and slapped together builds.

price209

Loc.
Folsom
I just cant believe some of the markups on that window sticker. $8000 for leather seat upgrade to stock seats, almost $6000 for AC, $3100 for old barn wood floor in the back, $2000 to change out the exterior lights to LEDs. I could almost build an entire Bronco (upgrades included) for what they are charging for just these 4 upgrades.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If they made it affordable they would never keep up with demand. At this rate they only need to sell one to make a fat profit. That is a whole lot less work.

OX1

Bronco Guru
If it's all new, not even starting with an old VIN (or do they??),
how does it not have to meet all of the fed requirements of a 2020??

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
If it's all new, not even starting with an old VIN (or do they??),

how does it not have to meet all of the fed requirements of a 2020??

You can now manufacture like 350 cars a year that don’t have to meet any safety regs

They still have to meet emission regs though

$6k for a $700 soft Top ???

Bwa ha ha ha

What do these people do ?
Just buy the part and add a zero on the price ?
And why is Ford licensing it ?

Why would any shop pay ford a nickel for permission to rebuild an old ford car ?

It’s not like a shop , or anyone can’t take an old car and rebuilt it and sell it ?

Is this the same assholes at the same Ford motor company that sues anyone and everyone for using “Ford” in their advertising ?

Remember fordfuelinjection.com saga ???

Joe473

You can now manufacture like 350 cars a year that don’t have to meet any safety regs

They still have to meet emission regs though

$6k for a $700 soft Top ???

Bwa ha ha ha

What do these people do ?
Just buy the part and add a zero on the price ?
And why is Ford licensing it ?

Why would any shop pay ford a nickel for permission to rebuild an old ford car ?

It’s not like a shop , or anyone can’t take an old car and rebuilt it and sell it ?

Is this the same assholes at the same Ford motor company that sues anyone and everyone for using “Ford” in their advertising ?

Remember fordfuelinjection.com saga ???
I believe this rule or law allows builders to sell them as brand new vehicles with a new vin. I thought I had read one of the mustang builders was even continuing sequential mustang vins from the 60s. This is different than what most are doing now which is buying fixable trucks and scrapping them to use original titles on new frames and bodies. This practice always seemed to skate the edge of the law in some states and for a home builder some states frowned upon it without doing a state assigned vin and title.
If icon and other big builders go this route it's better for people like us as they may stop scrapping trucks we can save and bring prices back to reality on some driver quality rigs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk