• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford is licensing brand new first-generation Bronco builds

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Once I saw the price of the "so-called new", I was not concerned about impact to the average market. Those of us in the 15-30K range aren't about to say, oh ya, what's another 100K to let someone else build it.

pipeline010

prediction: price on new broncos is coming down.

with what's out there right now in terms of parts and availability there's no reason a shop couldn't crank out EBs road ready and shiny for about 40-50k. for now the demand is so high price doesn't need to come down, but the real money is in the masses. Make it so a teacher can buy it and you'll sell the crap out of them.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I kind of see prices flatting out too. Especially for mild built rigs, all original trucks will continue to bring good money and full resto mods with crazy price tags will still be bought by movie stars and people with too much money.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Hoping for a reproduction EB in the 40K range is simply never going to happen. Aftermarket chassis with new axles, transmission, engine, wheels, tires, plumbing and steering start at 50K or more and go up from there. Add upgrades like coilers etc. and considering the cost of a single fox ready to bolt in is at 1200 you will never see these as an affordable purchase. Even with Gateway's deal they are limited to 325 per year, there simply is not enough buying power to hit quantity discounts of a minimum of 50% to even reach a number below 100K for a new EB. They will not garner a serial number we are familiar with, they will be entirely different but I do not see these effecting the value in any other way than positive. Even for the partly restored classics and restomods, this will only ensure their value climbs since now it will be reflecting the cost of manufacturing vs pars only (the way they are presently valued it only covers the costs of parts, not the labor that goes into it) so I see this as something good. When someone pays 140K for a restored and has receipts of 70K in parts the vehicle is only valued at part value no labor.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think EVERYBODY has...it's been on every FB EB group there is for the last few days. ;-)

Flying Pigs

Loc.
Elgin, IL
I have been watching this stuff for awhile. The Gateway story I read said they had 3 levels of EB. Original frame and body...original frame and new body...new frame and new body. The engine options were the Coyote and a 347.

I get the hobbyist that is restoring his rig and puts big money into a restore and re bodies his rig because the body he is working with is too far gone.

From an ethics standpoint, ICON is resto moding existing vehicles. You can do whatever you want and charge whatever you want. This is what the hobby is about for some people. This is legit.

When you think that you can create a 66-77 Bronco from scratch using a new body or new body and new frame from a BUSINESS standpoint...just pumping them out... My thoughts is the word unethical fits right here...for this situation. Gateway will put them all out of business if it somehow they can restamp old Broncos.

I imagine the release of the new Bronco will be a problem for these guys too. Also, the reminder of why the Bronco was discontinued...having only 2 doors. Ever try to get in the back seat of your 1st gen Bronco? Now imagine loading your kid in a car seat...my wife would beat my azz and you paid 200K. That would make the highlight reel for justifying how dumb you are...She would say, Remember the time you bought that Bronco......

These Broncos will affect values down the road when they are used. How would you handle one that was 10 years old? I would give it extra value but not a whole lot.

See the new Life board game,,,,Its called Quarter Life crisis...now with crippling debt. The new game is emulating the affects of student debt. These loans started out as low interest rates loans...they are not anymore. Imagine starting off life 100-200K in debt.

The average household has 15,000 in credit card debt and alot of that has to do with health care costs.

Market place is changing. My thoughts are how many 100K buyers are out there?

These vendors have used ones too....where else you gonna take them to get some value out of them? I would be willing to bet the ones returned where from familys trying to put kids in car seats....imagine 2 kids...multiple stops...lifted Bronco. Ba ha ha ha