• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What year vin tag?

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
You have a '67 Military Bronco, no doubt. Yours is one of the latest if not the latest I've seen. Oddly enough mine is the second earliest I've come across.

I've kept a pretty good track of them and yours is the ONLY one I've seen with the Data tag in that location. Mine and all others I've seen have been on the dash. Navy Data tags were unique to themselves. Yours was likely Army or Marines considering I see green. Air Force Broncos shared the same tag but were usually blue in color and sometimes were U13s.

If you'd be interested in selling that one, I'd like a chance at it.

OP
OP
B

broncochevy

Loc.
Orcutt, CA
Everything does have its price, but it is pretty hammered and the only one I have. I had another thread on why are prices so expensive, and there are not any in my area for sale. I was also going to drive 10 hours to Arizona to get one and it sold before I could finalize the deal. Seems the market is being gouged as of now...for parts and running broncos alike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

broncochevy

Loc.
Orcutt, CA
Mattyq17, I meant to say thanks earlier and forgot. This was a great idea you had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mebco09

When you get your Marti, please share it if you can. I just found out my Bronco was a military one, along with my Dad's.

Ours were built in April (4 days apart), and the order # is 830106. (83 is the DSO for Govt. and ours were special order #0106. Looks like your order # will be #0425. It would be interesting to find out which branch made which order.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
When you get your Marti, please share it if you can. I just found out my Bronco was a military one, along with my Dad's.

Ours were built in April (4 days apart), and the order # is 830106. (83 is the DSO for Govt. and ours were special order #0106. Looks like your order # will be #0425. It would be interesting to find out which branch made which order.

I'd love to see pics of those!

mebco09

Here you go! Both are Ex-military

Mine is the turquoise one off of the frame right now, and I am thinking about going back to dark green paint (not OD, but maybe a period correct -Dark Moss or Highland). Focused on the frame and running gear right now.

Dad's is the white one, Summer run-around truck in Chelan, WA. Had it since 92. The sticker in the other picture is from the roof of the white one. USFS had this truck for some time after the Army. Shows the green paint color of the original Army trucks.

Attachments

• IMG_20181002_111806635.jpg
    IMG_20181002_111806635.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20181125_103230150.jpg
    IMG_20181125_103230150.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20181125_103931738.jpg
    IMG_20181125_103931738.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 26

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
After looking at it today Jimmy “pretty hammered” might be an understatement. Looks like it was used like they were supposed to be back in the day. Not much military stuff left other than the info plate, I say do what you want with it.

OP
OP
B

broncochevy

Loc.
Orcutt, CA
Idk?

That's interesting stuff. Says to me that either '67 was a model year they changed early (August is more common, but not etched in stone) or the military got theirs first and early.

The location of the data tag is interesting too, but may also be a general military thing, or perhaps just branch by branch. If there are other members here with Gov't Broncos, maybe they will share their locations and dates here in this thread too.

Paul

Paul, if the delivery date was June 67, it would still be a late 67, right? Or am I missing something? I feel if the military got it early, early mid 67 would be 68. Are you pickin up what I’m puttin down? Sometimes I am Dyslexic

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
B44 would have been a March/April/May 67' build. I know B49 is a June 67' build.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can be Slysdexic myself sometimes!

Yes, delivery in June means it was produced before that. Correct that this would make it a relatively late build '67. Confirmed by the others.

When I wrote the last reply I was thinking someone on the first page had said it was a '68 based on the VIN though. Which is why I jumped to the conclusion that there was some disconnect with the date of the build and the indicated year model if it was a '68.
Since it is in fact a '67 built in the normal timeline, I was way off in my statements.
Sorry about confusing the issue!

But at least I didn't say it must be a '76 instead...%)

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks for sharing

Here you go! Both are Ex-military

Mine is the turquoise one off of the frame right now, and I am thinking about going back to dark green paint (not OD, but maybe a period correct -Dark Moss or Highland). Focused on the frame and running gear right now.

Dad's is the white one, Summer run-around truck in Chelan, WA. Had it since 92. The sticker in the other picture is from the roof of the white one. USFS had this truck for some time after the Army. Shows the green paint color of the original Army trucks.

OP
OP
B

broncochevy

Loc.
Orcutt, CA
Marines

Found the vin on the on the frame and it matches the other vin tag and the military data plate. Also, thought you guys might like the marines tag on the driver side door pillar.

Attachments

• 37DFC0CE-CF4B-430C-AFA8-3C59113A42AD.jpg
    37DFC0CE-CF4B-430C-AFA8-3C59113A42AD.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 7156999E-744A-4EE6-BDA6-DAAC5D286EE8.jpg
    7156999E-744A-4EE6-BDA6-DAAC5D286EE8.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 35

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Found the vin on the on the frame and it matches the other vin tag and the military data plate. Also, thought you guys might like the marines tag on the driver side door pillar.

Cool finds, thanks for sharing :)

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac

I've seen a tag just like that on a 67 Econoline military van. Super cool.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Outstanding.. very cool