• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Texas Metal Viewing Party! Houston, TX *** PREVIEW ADDED ***

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not as bad as I thought. That thing fits perfectly at crystal beach.

Eugene

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
The engine and paint was done very well. The lift,wheels and interior killed it for me. I know there is a market for this thing, but I would of choked him if he had done one like that for me. (but then again I'm old!:()

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
There were aspects done well and others that were not.
It comes down to personal tastes... Most of it was not done the way I would do it.
It was amazing how much work was condensed into the last 15 minutes... Some of it I would have liked to have seen.

I am guessing the owner had some cash burning a hole in his wallet.

Still, better than finding a whole body painted and ready to be sold at a body shop for $4K like another show did %)

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Really big wheels

My tire guy did this to his 78 bronco,Pretty ridiculous

Attachments

• 31C87557-2093-4DFF-BD74-A85BFEF204BA.jpeg
    31C87557-2093-4DFF-BD74-A85BFEF204BA.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 92

Bferrari

I almost choked when he talked about building a cage for safety then took it over to the muffler tubing bender! To each their own I guess.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
OK . . . gotta say I agree with most of the comments. The workmanship was excellent and I liked the exterior color. The engine install was great. But the wheels were too big and the lift too high - pretty much what everyone expected from these guys. I also did not like the seats and upholstery, but that's just taste. To me it was obvious it was built by a non-Bronco shop and definitely not built for going on any actual trail.

That said, it was cool that they included a Bronco club in the reveal and at the showing. The show was projected on big screen in a noisy outdoor setting so we could not hear all of the talking. I'll need to watch it again to get all the commentary. We did get to visit with Tony the owner. He's thrilled to have a Bronco. He actually has a second Bronco and he's wanting to build a real crawler out of it. So maybe there is hope!

Also the Bronco was not at the showing - it was at the Ekstensive shop getting a few more upgrades. After seeing Mike's 4-door Bronco with power steps he had to have them! (His dad could not get into it!) And they never installed power steering during the build so he's adding that.

We had about 25 LEBC and Houston area Bronco owners in attendance so it was a good turn out.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Didn't get a chance to watch it all, but if there's an EB it's worth watching :)

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I watched last night. I will agree with most. The wheels and tires were silly looking. The interior was nicely done but not in my taste. The color didn't bother me, Just the 24" wheels really wrecked it for me. But it is what I expected from that shop, I am sure the quality was good but not my taste.

Bradsp8

Holy Sheet. They turned a perfectly good Bronco into a turd. But to each his own. If he likes it then that's all that matters.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I was disappointed with the build. I was hopping they would get out of their comfort zone and build a badass bronco!!!!%) I really like the teal blue bronco better!!!!

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Once they cut the windshield all I could think of was Ass Monkey bronco build. And then making it where a top won’t go on, then the schedule 40 roll cage, etc. In the end Texas Metal made their bronco look like a matchbox car. If that was the goal they did well. I knew they liked big rims so I kinda expected that.

My biggest question was did they use the coyote’s transfer case? They kept it all together when they dropped it in for mock-up.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I wondered about the trans case too. That rear drive shaft is really short and at a steep angle. Oh well its just another take on the bronco! All our values just went up a little, LOL.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Oh, and by the way...... I had more interest in seeing the teal bronco and stretched green bronco from the get-go and especially towards the end. Those two broncos turned me on more than the Texas Metal Hot Wheels bronco.