• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ADMIN How to upload photos - Become a Contributor

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
last week

My check should've been received last week for contributor status. Thanks %)

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Sorry sprdv1. I've been out of town on vacation since April 5th. I'll just set you up now assuming the check is there and bug you if it's not. ;D

Thanks!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yes sir.. sounds cool. I forgot you were OOT.. Sorry to be a PITA.. :D

ohpoo2

Contributor
i did the sign up but now how do you put the my gallery on your post and also do you all have the classicbroncos web pages anymore. i may just be way off but wondering. thanks for the help, Darren

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
i did the sign up but now how do you put the my gallery on your post and also do you all have the classicbroncos web pages anymore. i may just be way off but wondering. thanks for the help, Darren
Click "UserCP" in the upper left then "Edit Profile" on the left menu. Down at the bottom of the options is a box with "Check if you are in the Gallery" next to it. Check the box and then click "save changes".

No, the free CB web pages are no longer available. Sorry.

H8tulooze

Loc.
Corona, CA
OK, not to be a stick in the mud, but don't the advertisements all over this site pay for much more then you could ever need from a site? All the sites out there for Broncos etc are FREE to post pics etc. I'm just wondering why a $12 fee is really needed as I run and built many web sites. Your time isn't free but I know this site is making a nice sum of cash.;D

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
OK, not to be a stick in the mud, but don't the advertisements all over this site pay for much more then you could ever need from a site? All the sites out there for Broncos etc are FREE to post pics etc. I'm just wondering why a $12 fee is really needed as I run and built many web sites. Your time isn't free but I know this site is making a nice sum of cash.;D

I'm not sure how much cash is being made, but I know this site has already saved me thousands of dollars. So, I don't mind forking over $12. Heck, I might be willing to fork over $13 if need be! ;D

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
It's a matter of scale. If you take a look at the larger forums (100+ members online at a time) most have premium memberships that include direct photo uploading. On a smaller forum with less traffic it's easy to allow everyone to upload pics because it doesn't put much load on your server. But with a forum the size of this one it really can kill you.

H8tulooze, you're a new member so you weren't around in the years when the site would crash weekly because it was growing so fast. I'd upgrade to a new server ($$$) and then a few short months later I'd have to upgrade again ($$$) because the forums kept growing. Finally I had to bite the bullet and get my own completely dedicated server with enough power to handle future growth. At the time I asked if people would be willing to pay a small fee to upload pics directly. The overwhelming response was yes and that's how the Contributor status started.

And remember, it's totally free to include photos in your posts. You just have to have them hosted somewhere on the web, which most ISP's provide with your internet connection. Contributor status just makes it easier by taking a step out of the process by letting you upload directly.

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I love this site and gladly pay my $12 a year. It's saved me and has given me alot of great ideas for my money, I mean Bronco.. If Jon's making a little profit then more power to him...

ugly74

Bronco abuser
on one hand...I'm a cheap bastard
but on the other hand...I really do love this site, and I really do appreciate the effort that has gone into putting it together!

check's in the mail!

Lawdawg

Loc.
Aurora, CO
Just Happy to Be Here

I've been registered on this sight for quite a while. I even went through a rough spot and tried to sale it all, the Bronco that is.

I've been away playing in the sand for a bit and it all became clear. Amazing what the heat will do to/for you. I decided I needed to keep it, finish building it, and drive the heck out of the Bronco when I return. My Bronco is due to be completed and in the garage by 15 Nov, and I will be back shortly there after.

Aside from a windshield, bumpers, and registration it is suppose to be ready for the open road. I can't wait. It was a rough road to get it there, but I think it will will all be worth it.

I would also like to apologize to anyone who responded to my ads over the last year and did not get a reply. Please forgive me.

I look forward to gaining lots of knowledge and assistance from this site in the future as the "finished" :)) so my wife thinks!:)) project continues to evolve. Glad to finally be supporting a site I have used in the past and will continue to use in the future.

Scott 756

Loc.
Fond du Lac, WI
Ok, I'm in. I just did the Paypal option by following the on screen instructions. I hope I did it correctly. How long does it take before I can post pictures?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Ok, I'm in. I just did the Paypal option by following the on screen instructions. I hope I did it correctly. How long does it take before I can post pictures?

LOL... Right now.. if you look under your screen name it says contributor, which means you're good to go.. ;)

Bituman

Loc.
Phoenix Mtn Preserve
Thank you Jon

I just gladly paid my $12. I have been lurking on this forum for a couple years and it has really been a great resource. Thank you for your hard work keeping this site up and running.

Bob
PS-based on your zip 85011 we must be fairly close neighbors, I'm in 85012. Glad to know there is another Bronco gear head in central Phx. :cool: