• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL 73 Frame Off - Not Mine

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Got Tom's lights in there too. Both of those are pretty freakin nice.

agduckhunter

Dang nice looking rig. Not sure what I think about them painting all the nuts, bolts & jack keeper under the hood. Makes me wonder if they didn't just cover up a bunch of issues.

That said, I'd consider making an offer if it wasn't doodoo brown.
smiley-laughing001.gif

SP66

Bronco Guru
Have not seen it in person but it sure is a nice one. Priced below market I think these days for a fresh restoration. Got a nice fresh bench up front, pull that rear bench and spice top and add a half top it would look pretty slick to me. Been noticing a lot of new cars and trucks sporting brown these days.

gator-n-buck

Loc.
Knoxville
I might be wrong but wasn't the other Bronco in the pic posted on here at one time as an actual 4,100 mile bronco all original parts but was later discovered when one of the original owners posted that he sold the vehicle with much higher miles and parts have been replaced??? Why I snapped on it was because of the location and the house that was used in the pics. I could be wrong but just heads up.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Thats "Beer and fish" He is a member on here.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I might be wrong but wasn't the other Bronco in the pic posted on here at one time as an actual 4,100 mile bronco all original parts but was later discovered when one of the original owners posted that he sold the vehicle with much higher miles and parts have been replaced??? Why I snapped on it was because of the location and the house that was used in the pics. I could be wrong but just heads up.

Yes sir!!! You caught that one!!!;D;D;D

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Here we go again. I'm hiding something. Am I a marked man now that I sold a truck exactly as it was described to me? I never knew the guy who once owned it before.... The brown truck was used as a survey vehicle in Atkinson Co. GA. It is a good truck and a blast to drive. I would like to sell it. Any takers before I take the last offer? pm me if interested. Never mind the Tangerine '77. It's sold so let it go already. Let's focus on the Sequoia Brown one and start bashing it!!!

Last edited:

KBUCK1

Here we go again. I'm hiding something. Am I a marked man now that I sold a truck exactly as it was described to me? I never knew the guy who once owned it before.... The brown truck was used as a survey vehicle in Atkinson Co. GA. It is a good truck and a blast to drive. I would like to sell it. Any takers before I take the last offer? pm me if interested. Never mind the Tangerine '77. It's sold so let it go already. Let's focus on the Sequoia Brown one and start bashing it!!!

Looks Nice. Good luck with the sale.

zonian

Loc.
St. Augustine
Beer and Fish, looks great as always, best of luck with sale. Id be interested but the wife only allows one money pit.....

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
B&F,
Beautiful truck.... wish my Sequoia Brown paint looked that nice! ;D Is that the tentable Upol Raptor liner? Looks great tented the brown to match the exterior.

Thanks,
Mac

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware

Looks like the ebay buyer spells it out, definately raises some concerns.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Bronco-Sport-Ford-Bronco-Sport-/171601932449?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27f445b0a1&item=171601932449&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

"First, let me just say that you'll get a very honest opinion of this Bronco and feel free to check my over 2,200 all positive comments in my feedback profile. Secondly, I'll be up front and tell you that this Bronco was up for 29K and I ended up purchasing it as a frame off restored, "turn key" vehicle. The seller accepted my offer of 26K and now I'm selling it for 20K, as many items were undisclosed and I was very disappointed by the lack of finishing touches on an otherwise nice restoration of a solid truck. Here's what really irked me and needs to be finished:

•The gauge cluster was rebuilt, but he speedometer was obviously not hooked up
•The high/low light switch is just dangling by a wire and needs to be mounted (see picture)
•The rubber seals needs to be installed on the doors
•The driver's door doesn't have an arm rest (I was supposed to receive it in the mail, but nothing has come)
•The back seat has no arm rests (Also supposedly in the mail)
•The new gas tank wasn't tightened down (I'll tighten the strap myself)
•A knob fell off on the floor (I'll put that back on with an allen wrench)
•I'd repaint the doors, as they are a shade off the rest of the truck
•The emergency brake wasn't hooked up (he told me it just needed to welded back on the frame)
•He didn't attach the passenger side wiper arm (I do have it thankfully!)

I know this is all small potatoes stuff for those who love, drive and fix Bronco's, but I'm only the first two of those things and thought I was getting a truck that was thoughtfully restored. Quite honestly, it seems to have been slapped together for a quick sale. What a shame, it's really a nice truck that should have received better treatment in the restoration process."

NObeerNOfish

I went and looked at this truck with my son. Terrible representation by beerandfish to say it was "frame-off" restored. It was slapped together so quick I think the paint was still wet. If the restoration was true "frame-off" why were there hornets nests on the valve covers.. why was half of the engine bay nut and bolts painted over.. Why wasn't the underside of the tub painted.. neither axles were painted.. and that powdercoated frame.. If it is powdercoat.. I am pretty sure they baked the whole truck in the oven.

I hope the current owner sues this guy into the stone age so this doesn't continue to happen anymore.

BeerandFish giving true bronco enthusiasts and restorers a bad name!

a damn shame

bax

Contributor
Old Member
no beer no fish. Now that is funny.

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
It was a frame off. Bax can attest to that. Bunch of haters on here. I don't drive a Passat!

Happy Tom

Loc.
Dearborn
Thanks Bronco Community

I'm the schmuck who bought that unfinished and poorly restored Bronco and I offered him to pay shipping back and $1,000 for his trouble. It was an emotional buy, as my father-in-law, who passed away this summer worked for Ford Motor Company all his life and loved his Broncos. The good thing that has sprung from this nightmare is the fact that the Bronco community is supporting me and I actually have a couple of great guys coming by next week to help me out. Bryan from Classicfordbroncos and Beau, a local fella, are planning on coming by to help out and it's truly heartwarming to hear that they really stand up for honest Bronco aficionados. Thanks to everyone who has been supportive of my situation and Merry Christmas. Tom.

I went and looked at this truck with my son. Terrible representation by beerandfish to say it was "frame-off" restored. It was slapped together so quick I think the paint was still wet. If the restoration was true "frame-off" why were there hornets nests on the valve covers.. why was half of the engine bay nut and bolts painted over.. Why wasn't the underside of the tub painted.. neither axles were painted.. and that powdercoated frame.. If it is powdercoat.. I am pretty sure they baked the whole truck in the oven.

I hope the current owner sues this guy into the stone age so this doesn't continue to happen anymore.

BeerandFish giving true bronco enthusiasts and restorers a bad name!

a damn shame