• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Those gaps

rjcruz27

I know this gets asked 1000 times. But is it a big deal if one side of your bronco doors gaps are a little different. One side is 1/8 pretty all the way around. The other side is just under 1/4 all the way around. Thanks guys/gals

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
not that big of a deal to me, you will probably be the only that will know it. you can only see one side at a time;)

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Ford built these things to be work trucks. Gaps were never a consideration. If the doors shut and sealed then it was “job one” and out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
1/8" is pretty tight for a stocker. 3/16" -1/4" more the norm and the bottom was larger than the side gaps.

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
I am old enough to have seen and ridden in EBs when they were new. They rattled.. They whistled.... The rear hatch seemed to show light through them in places. The early Broncos were never meant to do anything much other than work and get you to places a normal car couldn't. Body gaps??? hehe. Ever looked at almost any vehicle from the 60s and 70s? MOPAR was probably the worst. If the doors open and close and seal fairly well without loud wind noise, you are pretty close to what they were new.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Ford built these things to be work trucks. Gaps were never a consideration. If the doors shut and sealed then it was “job one” and out the door.

for sure that's a fact....

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
You need to keep the door gaps on the wide side of specs if you want a chance of new door seals to work, especially at the bottom of the door.