• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Soft top for 69’ bronco 1/2 cab

OP
OP
N

Neely78

I think Neely is looking for a cover for the BACK HALF of his Bronco in addition to the normal half cab top, not a soft top half cab top.

Am I correct??
Hi!! Yes, you are correct. Looking for something for the back half. My four legged child weighs 70lbs. Not enough room for the 3 of us in the front. Plus, would like an option for covering my hiking gear

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Like I suggested Amish - if in your area - or boat cover maker. Would have materials and tools and knowledge. Only issue may be framework, but you may be able to source that from someone who has that from a complete soft top but has no fabric.

OR, buy a complete soft top (used?) and have it shortened/modified to adapt to the half cab top.

This may be the easiest, as possibly all necessary 'parts' would be there.

Good luck.

Thought this thread had drifted away from your initial request and tried to steer it back!

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I know but think I might wait for this to come to the public...looks like what I want

I don't blame you. I'm sure their is better than what we'd come up with! I love my full soft top from them for sure.

OP
OP
N

Neely78

I’m in Louisiana. About 3 hours east of dallas, tx. My dad just recently gave this to me and I’m super excited to get it up and running. It’s going to be an every day car for me so I don’t mind putting some extra “stuff” into it. I want to keep it as classic as possible with some modern comforts. I’m replacing the brakes with disc brakes and I’m sure other things under the hood will need replaced. Some of these things I’d like to replace with after market parts to make it look “pretty”. I’m open to any suggestions from you guys. I’m a female so a lot of this is new to me. Thanks for all the help already! Oh! And it’s a ‘67. Just realized I made a typo

67 Halfcab

Bummer. If you were closer I have an old Kayline top bow that you could have had for the framework to take to a boat cover maker. Maybe someone closer to you will have one? Put an ad in the wanted section and see what happens.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
There are companies that make soft pickup bed toppers, so what you are looking for is not that unusual, just that it is for an early Bronco.
You will probably end up having something custom made to get one.