• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need opinions: I was taken advantage of by a member...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECEB

Hey Guys,

I could use some opinions. Last Sunday I took delivery of a truck that I bought sight unseen from a very active member here in the forums.

He lied on the forums about things working and being in a certain condition and also on the phone when I spoke to him. All of the pictures he posted here as well as texted me crop out major problems that are immediately adjacent to the photos.

I bought the vehicle because of his activity here.

I would be able to believe that a random seller would cheat a buyer on a used vehicle but I can't wrap my head around one of our active members, a bronco guy would do this and I feel like I should share the story/information so that people are aware of what he did to me in case they have to deal with him in the future. It most definitely would have impacted my decision to buy if I had access to this information ahead of time.

Am I crazy for thinking it is important to share the information here?

Tony

OP
OP
ECEB

ECEB

you bought the Island Queen ?
No, not him! I was looking at the one but he was a really straight shooter and he thought it wasn't a good fit for what I was looking to build. The gentleman that sold the Island Queen is someone that I would like to do business with because he was straightforward and honest. That's been generally true of all all the transactions I have done with our Bronco community.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No, not him! I was looking at the one but he was a really straight shooter and he thought it wasn't a good fit for what I was looking to build. The gentleman that sold the Island Queen is someone that I would like to do business with because he was straightforward and honest. That's been generally true of all all the transactions I have done with our Bronco community.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well thanks for the props! And really sorry to hear you didn't get what you thought you were getting in the other transaction.:-X

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
That really sucks. I had bought and sold a bunch of trucks and parts on this site over the years and luckly I have not had this issue. I try to be as honest as I can and I have told a few potential buyers that they weren't a good fit for the broncos I had for sale even though they wanted to pay me full price.
But I had been burned by buying a truck sight unseen before, and it was from a guy that was a business associate, but he just didn't know what he had, and didn't under stand the amount of rust that was under the bondo.
As for your deal..have you talked to the person you purchased the bronco from? Call him out on it one on one before releasing any info on this site. And if you don't like the answers you get from him, well than its really up to you but you risk starting a wild fire.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ECEB

ECEB

Well thanks for the props! And really sorry to hear you didn't get what you thought you were getting in the other transaction.:-X

I wish I had bought yours for a fraction of the price and full disclosure on condition!

mlarison

Loc.
Palm Coast
I would try to contact the seller thru private message to try and resolve the situation, I have had nothing but great experiences buying from members on here, sorry to hear yours didnt work out well.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I would try to contact the seller thru private message to try and resolve the situation, I have had nothing but great experiences buying from members on here, sorry to hear yours didnt work out well.

Yeah, try and see if they will do you right after telling you false information.. At least before you take real corrective actions :D

OP
OP
ECEB

ECEB

Yeah, try and see if they will do you right after telling you false information.. At least before you take real corrective actions :D

I actually have been trying to get him to do the right thing since the beginning with phone calls (unreturned) and text messages (selectively returned). I don't like airing grievances in public and want to give people the benefit of the doubt but he is not addressing a solution.

Well, he just called me fifteen minutes after this thread and it seems that he is now inspired to finally return one of my calls and he is requesting that I don't post anything else until he calls me back later today. It is too bad it took me posting what he did to the forums to get him to call me back but hopefully he will do the right thing and make me whole.

It doesn't feel good to be taken advantage of and I know that there are a lot of people on the forums that have had it happen to them at some point in their lives and it is not fair. I have the records of communications and photos and if he doesn't do the right thing after all of this I am going to share everything including the numbers.

Thank you for the support guys, I'll keep you posted...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I actually have been trying to get him to do the right thing since the beginning with phone calls (unreturned) and text messages (selectively returned). I don't like airing grievances in public and want to give people the benefit of the doubt but he is not addressing a solution.

Well, he just called me fifteen minutes after this thread and it seems that he is now inspired to finally return one of my calls and he is requesting that I don't post anything else until he calls me back later today. It is too bad it took me posting what he did to the forums to get him to call me back but hopefully he will do the right thing and make me whole.

It doesn't feel good to be taken advantage of and I know that there are a lot of people on the forums that have had it happen to them at some point in their lives and it is not fair. I have the records of communications and photos and if he doesn't do the right thing after all of this I am going to share everything including the numbers.

Thank you for the support guys, I'll keep you posted...

Sometimes you got to call it like it is.. Hope he works it out for you. IF not, have a conversation with Admin/Jon, see what he thinks about said person doing future business on here. Good luck !!

Lots of Great folks on here for sure that would do about anything for a fellow bronco brother/sister..

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Why every time I see "Island Queen" do I picture Humphrey Bogart pulling an old rusty Bronco by the tow strap through a swamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.