• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arkansas To New York Road Trip

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
After asking about whether or not it would be advisable to go through with the trip the overwhelming response was to go for it. And so here it goes.

Just went through some last minute items of insurances, AAA stuff. All the paperwork is ready and the one way ticket is booked. Now I just have to wait till Wednesday morning. Its freakin killing me how slow time moves when you are excited and waiting for something.

Definitely takin the advice of all the members and having the Bronco serviced and lubed etc. That will all be ready by Wednesday noon after which I head out to Tennessee. My first night will be in Nashville. Im hoping to meet with a couple of you there and have some BBQ and beers while were at it.

The next morning Ill be heading out to Knoxville. Gotta pay the Duffs a visit. There are a couple of things I want to get while I am there.

Once some shopping and installation is done, Im thinking of the Smokeys over the weekend before doing the rest of the trip.

This is the route I will be taking:

Screen%20shot%202010-08-07%20at%2011.14.59%20AM.png

This is my first Bronco. Other than "regular" cars, I've messed with CJ5 and CJ7s. But that was a while ago. Im out of the dark side now ;D While I was excited about the rig itself, I had no idea what would come with it. The Bronco Brotherhood. That alone is worth its weight in gold.

I look forward to all of this. See y'all on the road!!!

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
I'm just 10 miles north of Memphis in Millington. If you run into any problems early give me a call at work and I'll come help out. Work number is 901-876-5201, ask for Steve, and cell is 901-356-5203. Have a great trip.

70_Steve

Old Guy
I'm definately excited for you!!! I cant' wait to see the pics rolling in!!!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
good luck and stay in touch....be waiting on that first grin picture!

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
You're passing within a couple miles of the house going up I81. Raphine exit about 45min north of Roanoke, VA. Any problems, give me a call. I have a car hauler and pretty well equiped garage. 540-377-5145 anytime, I'm retired. Might be good to mark help locations on a map.
Richard

Bubbason

Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Don't want to pee on your parade, but that route hits pretty much every mountain between you and New York. I hope you have an excellent running EB, If not I would look at at more northerly/ flat route. Beautiful but rough.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Some how I missed the original thread so I just went back and read it. I am glad you decided to do the road trip. It should be a great experience. It may take a while to wipe the smile off your face ;D. Have a great trip and I hope all goes well. I will be looking forward to your posts on the drive back. Remember lots of pics. Oh yea, great looking bronco.

Henry

croft75

I would love to drive my Bronco through that area , but after almost puking going through parts of W Virginia from the corners and cut backs etc. I kinda agree , hopefully its an automatic or he's gong to find out how well the tray works.
But still a very cool trip.

Don't want to pee on your parade, but that route hits pretty much every mountain between you and New York. I hope you have an excellent running EB, If not I would look at at more northerly/ flat route. Beautiful but rough.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Definitely takin the advice of all the members and having the Bronco serviced and lubed etc. That will all be ready by Wednesday noon after which I head out to Tennessee. My first night will be in Nashville. Im hoping to meet with a couple of you there and have some BBQ and beers while were at it.

My phone better be ringing so I know when and where! I PM'd you a few days ago. If you didn't get my info let me know and I'll be happy to send it again!

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Glad to hear you are going to drive it. I know a guy who bought an absolute P.O.S. in Denver. He bought a 1-way ticket from San Diego, flew out here, stopped by my house on the way towards Albq. & I helped him straighten a couple of really bad issues and he was off. Since then, I know he has driven that thing from San Diego to D.C. 3 times and all the way to Cabo San Lucas 2x. Since he bought it, he has put 20-30k (that I know of) highway miles on an extremely rough Bronco and it's still going. With his rig, I wouldn't have driven down the street, let alone attempt a cross country trip like he did. With what I have read of yours & what seems to be a fairly solid rig, I don't think I would hesitate.

Take lots of pictures and keep us posted.

BIGED

Guru ????
Sounds like a great trip. I would love to do it. Last time i did something like that i was 21 and went coast to coast in a $500.oo piece of crap and had a blast. I would have loved to do it in a rig like yours, be ready to talk every where you stop;D

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
That sounds like a great time. Keep us posted on your status and take post your pics as well. Like was mentioned before, keep a map of the local Bronco Brother-en, they are always more than willing to help you out.

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Is it time to go yet? :cry:

Mike, your phone will definitely ring on Wednesday evening. I hope you like beer as much as I do ;D (after driving of course)

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Your are defiantly making me jealous, and that's after just getting home from vac. with the family of 6 driving 1325 miles round trip. That was in a comfy 03' Eddie Bauer Expedition...rear air, leather heated/cooled seats, adjustable pedals and fully adjustable seats. But I would love to make a trip like that in mine, it's just got a little over grown to be running that far down the highway. Some states are not as easy on the lift laws!