• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage air filling with water

mduenas

Loc.
Los Angeles
Is there a drain plug in the vintage air vents? My vents are under the dash, I washed my truck today. And when I made a turn, water poured out of the vents. I’m assuming there should be a drain by the fresh air intake on the passenger side, but I can’t find it. Anyone have any advice? I’m afraid of an electrical short. It absolutely is not from behind my dash. Only came out of the vents.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
There's no fresh air inlet on a Vintage Air A/C unit. It just recirculates the air in the cab. Unless you washed the interior, water shouldn't have got into the duct. Any water in the unit is probably from condensation. There's a drain hose at the bottom of the unit, that should be run through the floorboard, for that condensation to drain out.
Check for a kink or other blockage of that hose.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

mduenas

Loc.
Los Angeles
Well that was way too obvious. I didnt see it since the installer ran the drain hose snug, up along the Bottom of the condenser, obviously gravity pulls down. Thank you guys, I should have seen that.