• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please, Ford, don't do it.....

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I agree 100%. The mustang went through it's fair share of ugliness, but I like what it's become.

The Mustang and Raptor are outliers, most of what remains in their catalog is / will be generic Soccer Utility Vehicles.... and we have been over the market share argument way too many times on here already.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
What did you expect from a vehicle named after a prep school jacket?
henley_2006270.jpg

Hopefully Ford will do better by our namesake.
Bucking-Bronco-400x424-283x300.jpg

Jakedog

The Mustang and Raptor are outliers, most of what remains in their catalog is / will be generic Soccer Utility Vehicles.... and we have been over the market share argument way too many times on here already.

We have definitely been over this subject before. But, we are the ones who care about what they build, and how they build it. Plus, I don't have anyone else to gripe to about the next bronco. The jeep guys certainly don't care.

I personally don't care how many times this subject comes up. I like reading the responses.

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Ford will definitely screw it up. The 05-09 Mustang was so good then they started messing with it. Now yuck. The original concept I saw for the new Bronco was perfect looked like the 66-77 style but newer.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Exactly! These new suv's are disgusting,they all look the same,yuck!:(:cry::eek:?:?:-[

Yeah I remember "back in the day" you could tell what year and brand a vehicle was from a ways away. Now I have to look at the emblems to know what they are. They look the same to me. Ken

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Yeah I remember "back in the day" you could tell what year and brand a vehicle was from a ways away. Now I have to look at the emblems to know what they are. They look the same to me. Ken

X2 my dad and I could tell what a car or truck was from a ways away. he was better at guessing the 50's. even trucks now I can't tell what it is unless I see the emblem on the tailgate:( and some with nothing on the tailgate can't tell until I see the grill. we would also try and guess kind of truck it was just by listening to the starter and when they start:cool:

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'm still holding out hope that Ford will make a decent Bronco competitive with the Wrangler. The success of Mustang and Raptor should be enough to convince them. The fact that they are not releasing photos now indicates to me that they went back and redesigned the new Bronco after getting a lot of feedback. Just maybe they listened!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'm still holding out hope that Ford will make a decent Bronco competitive with the Wrangler. The success of Mustang and Raptor should be enough to convince them. The fact that they are not releasing photos now indicates to me that they went back and redesigned the new Bronco after getting a lot of feedback. Just maybe they listened!

Me too brother.. we shall see

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Scoop I think your might be right. The fact that no official photos or renderings have been released makes me think they may have gone back to the drawing board on this. It is supposed to be a 2020 model year, so it would be released in the second half of 2019. Typically you would at least have some leaked renderings by now and have a proto type doing testing and being spy photographed at least 9 months before the model was released for sale. The only official thing Ford has released is what looks like a Wrangler with a car cover on it and the fact it will built on the new Ranger platform, and assembly line. I am not getting to excited but I still have a little hope.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Scoop I think your might be right. The fact that no official photos or renderings have been released makes me think they may have gone back to the drawing board on this. It is supposed to be a 2020 model year, so it would be released in the second half of 2019. Typically you would at least have some leaked renderings by now and have a proto type doing testing and being spy photographed at least 9 months before the model was released for sale. The only official thing Ford has released is what looks like a Wrangler with a car cover on it and the fact it will built on the new Ranger platform, and assembly line. I am not getting to excited but I still have a little hope.

About four months ago they were on their third redesign.
Ford has said they will be working with the aftermarket on them but this close to the 2020 Model Year release and the Bronco aftermarket has not seen it?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I am sure there are Bronco people in the loop with secrecy agreements. Doesn't mean that their voices will be heard. But Ford isn't that dumb to go bouncing all alone gambling with millions of dollars. Bronco sales were not stellar in the first generation, the second generation or the third generation. 4 Generation was Better but only because of a longer model run. But it was much better when they took back the Explorer badge and reused it as an Explorer suv. I personally would like to see a Bad Ass Ford Escape with 33" tires, a good v6 and a real 2 speed manual shift transfer case.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
new blazer

Yeah I know I brought up a blazer on a bronco site. Just saw a pic of the new blazer on page 12 of the new 4wor. It looks like a little bigger rav4. Somebody please tell me ford isn't gonna do this to the bronco.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I seen a poll GM trucks had put out and 87 percent of the people polled hated the new Blazer.