• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Sightings

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
There's a buttload of them around here, from Telluride (where I work) to the town 10 miles west of me I bet there's at least 25-30 of them. A couple of months ago I sat down and wrote a list of all I could think of locally, and came up with around 20. I know I missed some, and there has to be some I don't know of. I have since discovered another one setting in a yard right off of an alley, no top/no tarp, waiting for winter to savage it again. Can't figure out who the owner is so far, it would be a cool builder for my daughter...

One of the ones I know of is a Denver Broncos Edition, the owner leaves it all winter w/ no top, full of snow, rotting away. He told me he would take $5,000 for it a couple of years back, it's worth about $500. He's not a Ford Bronco or Denver Bronco fan, just an asshat. I've got a Ford tattoo and a Denver Broncos tattoo both, but still won't give 5k for a rustbucket.

broncojack

Contributor
I live near Chicago. I haven' seen one early Bronco. I can't even remember seeing one in over a year. Are they numerous in your area?

Come on over to 66to77.com and meet the rest of us Northern ILL. locals.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
non exsistent around here, now with this time year even more

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
I know of about five in my little town and another 4 or 5 in Memphis. I know there has to be more in a county with a million people though. The funny thing is I only see the same 2 driving any where. Most are parked but drivable.

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
I see at least two everyday and I drive one of them to work.. lol.. I did see one other last saturday at a car show.. it was silver, two wheel drive and had a wing for a top..

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
I see a red one and a blue on now and then, I know of a few more just never see them on the road. Not too many still around here.

rbodine

I live in the greater Daytona Beach area and cant remember the last time I saw one driving around in my area. From this site i now know there are several within a couple of hours of me, but none that I know of near me!

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
I must live in a good bronco town i see one or two every day and new ones all the time two new bronco guys this week alone that live in saint cloud we most have 15 or more broncos in this small town.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I see lots around here in the Knoxville area. I used to be on the road alot with my job. I kept a notebook with me and wrote down everytime I seen a different one. The last I checked the note book I had written down around 150 Early Broncos within a 50-70 mile radius of Knoxville. Some drivers, some parts broncos, some just sitting behind houses. I have 8 right now within 5 miles of my house.

Ratch

I average about 1 every 2 or 3 months here in Nashville, not counting the couple I help wrench on from time to time. Passed one on the interstate a couple weeks ago and posted on here. There is a guy about 5 miles from us who has 3 and his son has one, We were in east Tennessee/ western N.C. this past weekend and didn't see any at all and I was looking. Passed through Maryville and Townsend, clarrance, and expected to see at least a couple.

Cutthoat1

Loc.
Sonoma
there is about 6-8 in my little town, but there is quit a few in northern California. i usually see one every time i drive out of town

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
It is hit or miss around here. In the summer I see a few on US 50 or 301 but as far as local ones. I know of around 5 in my county but only two of them I have seen on the road in the last year. I would say mine and my wifes are on the road more than any others. In the Annapolis area there are a few too.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I average about 1 every 2 or 3 months here in Nashville, not counting the couple I help wrench on from time to time. Passed one on the interstate a couple weeks ago and posted on here. There is a guy about 5 miles from us who has 3 and his son has one, We were in east Tennessee/ western N.C. this past weekend and didn't see any at all and I was looking. Passed through Maryville and Townsend, clarrance, and expected to see at least a couple.

There is (2) that sit right in Townsend one is a brown lifted 74 with white flares that sits right on Hwy 321 and another blue one behind the one and only grocery store in Townsend. Bajafresh bought a uncut green 77 in Townsend a few months ago. Several around Maryville but you have to be on back roads to see them.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I had not seen any for years and then this summer I saw a half cab parked in a guys garage. Other than that I see none around my neighborhood. I did get a nice look at a couple at Silver Lake this summer.

Henry

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
I know where 1 used to be, haven't been by there in a while to see if it's still parked in the drive. I seen a yellow one several weeks ago that stayed in a yard a week or so then vanished.

I see them very rarely around here. (Bowling Green, KY)

markperry

Bronco Guru
I see them all the time in northern Missouri! But I have the advantage of being a FedEx driver and cover from KC to Iowa and part of Nebraska!

HavaBronco

Loc.
Lake Havasu City
I guess being in Az there's quite a few around here too. I drive out of town for work and have seen the same 4 from the highway un moved in 3 years. I finally broke down and called on one that looked particularly rough sitting in an equipment yard off of I-40, thye told me it was sold. 2 sit side by side in a trailer park in Wikieup Az. The last one is sitting in someones back yard off of I-40 in Yucca AZ. When I get the garage built I'll probably start buggin these folks.:cool: Saw a really pretty grey one at the Costco in Prescott on Sunday. Nice bumpers, new paint wish I'd had my camera to show you. There's also one in in Bagdad (the town where I'm workin) lifted, yellow with a black soft top, it kills me though cause I know it's history and remember when it was red, white, blue and black, it looks good, but not he way a Baja should look!
Chuck

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Well here in Albuquerque the wife and I use to play a game around about Christmas time in the mid-80s and see who could spot the most Broncos. I recall that we totaled maybe 20 or so in a month's time. Lately the total for an entire year is about half that, and that's a generous estimate. They don't rust here obviously. I think those darn Tejnas are buying 'em all up and shipping east.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i see at least easily 5-6 everyday. oh wait those are mine and clients trucks we're building.

once in a blue moon i come across one around here. i've seen 2 or 3 that i've never met the owners of.