• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nicks Trix / Helen Keller Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Or that he is going to give it to his kid when he is old enough to drive? Must be nice to have that much disposable cash.

Well I hope they get these issues settled up and finds everyone in a more happy position and life goes on.

As in all transactions there is 2 sides to every deal. Can't judge the skirmish after along time has passed and hearing only one side.

Best wishes to all involved.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just always wonder why iphone pics are so blurry.....

I am constantly having to wipe the camera lens on my iPhone. Check into that.

Every invoice was paid on Point.

I'm confused. You said there was a comm issue so you never got invoices....???

I kind of think Nick should stay away from this thread.

I think he was smart to say what he did, and leave it there.

I think the general rule is the less you say in public, the smarter you are.

Just this morning, I have deleted about 8 comments between CB and FB...including one on a post from sprdv1. I had 5 lines typed. Then realized how stupid it was... And I think I'm being a little "immature" for posting this response.

Google Helen Keller and you'll understand the reference.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought, "Oh no. Someone's not happy with Nick." But it appears that maybe there is a second outfit involved in this... Can the DINOONE please clarify? Or, really, leave it alone until the situation is resolved.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Helen Keller was a remarkable woman. Shoot I think that put Nick in good company.;)

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Nick has always been a stand up guy. His shop is always producing top quality stem to stern. Nick is old school... he makes good on his word. Hope you call him Dino. You'll get a lot farther that way

OP
OP
DINOONE

DINOONE

This thread was me venting not to cause drama and surely not a rift between members in this forum. I've been a member here for a long time. This forum is a great resource and has been great during my builds.

I'm a fairly easy going person. People generally get one shot with me on problems. I'm not begging for anything just want what I paid for. I felt like I got short changed by Nick when I contacted him I felt like I was blown off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ajonesny

You would think Nick would reach out to all his clients to see how the truck is working out just to know if there are things he can improve on in the future or just to say thanks for the business. If Nick is the stand up guy as we all know, he'll fix the problems that came from his shop. As the say in aviation, you're only as good as your last landing.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I don't like these types of threads any more than most of you. I hate seeing a member unhappy with a vendor and I hate seeing a vendor's reputation being damaged. Which side is correct I have no idea, and neither do most of you. But members are allowed to post complaints about vendors. Both parties give their sides and hopefully can work things out.

Per the forum rules you can complain about a vendor if you've tried to work it out with the owner of the company first. Sounds like there was one phone call, but for $100k I don't think a single phone call can be the end of it. Nick has offered to discuss further, so DINOONE, please take him up on that and try again to come to some resolution.

But in the mean time other members jumping in with speculations and assumptions doesn't help. It only stirs the pot and leads off on tangents that cause more confusion. So everyone, please stick to what's been posted by the parties involved and not guess as to what may or may not be going on.

Thanks.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't like these types of threads any more than most of you. I hate seeing a member unhappy with a vendor and I hate seeing a vendor's reputation being damaged. Which side is correct I have no idea, and neither do most of you. But members are allowed to post complaints about vendors. Both parties give their sides and hopefully can work things out.

Per the forum rules you can complain about a vendor if you've tried to work it out with the owner of the company first. Sounds like there was one phone call, but for $100k I don't think a single phone call can be the end of it. Nick has offered to discuss further, so DINOONE, please take him up on that and try again to come to some resolution.

But in the mean time other members jumping in with speculations and assumptions doesn't help. It only stirs the pot and leads off on tangents that cause more confusion. So everyone, please stick to what's been posted by the parties involved and not guess as to what may or may not be going on.

Thanks.

Just your friendly, neighborhood WISE webmaster...

Frankly I can't believe this thread has 5 pages already.

OP
OP
DINOONE

DINOONE

Feel free to close this thread. I will make a post or new thread if or when a resolution to my situation is made

Thanks.

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
>>> still..... curious... could we see some before ,during & after of the whole truck from top to bottom .... guessing a transport company should also have some pics from minutes before transport & immediately after final delivery.... should be lots of pics before,during & after a 100k transaction since they are worth a 1000 words as they say....

OP
OP
DINOONE

DINOONE

I only have a few. That were sent.
47b9b5ef0664993b4b63d35b7c502cb7.jpg
b2d8e66144c3a62a63aa81f6b5456f54.jpg
6b2895e62b6ee7dc059968a09804b09f.jpg
8e1fdacda7e6d5c815a5b34659834b14.jpg
c3c55e30ef76cd3f6486ccba3d11dc8d.jpg
142cf5cc3355f2598cf0d5d781110c32.jpg

55b07d8d15b7dca3891dd00be4ad6af1.jpg
841fa4b98bb7adadb7259299dc8a2ae5.jpg
82839aa7f005e404950e5521a0db48bb.jpg
d76f27feda447044e63b2c9fa6ea43b2.jpg

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Posted on page 1.

Not the name of a builder either. Google Helen Keller and you'll understand the reference.

Does no one know who Helen Keller was anymore?? Maybe OP should have said "Tommy Customs". He restores pinball machines . . .

EDIT: Sorry if this ruffled any feathers. It was not meant to.

Helen Adams Keller was an American author, political activist, and lecturer. She was the first deaf-blind person to earn a bachelor of arts degree

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Something tells me the transporter might have a hand in some of the issues. IDK..

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Feel free to close this thread. I will make a post or new thread if or when a resolution to my situation is made

Closing this thread for now. If either party wants to update just let me know and I'll reopen.

OP
OP
DINOONE

DINOONE

Still getting into fixing more issues with my "rebuild" found rust bubbles in lower quarters as well as when I removed my top all of the well nuts were basically huge rust blisters. The rear fenders were stitch welded and then bondo over which was beginning to crack away and see the stitch welding through the paint.....

First I'll start with pictures of my alleged truck being stripped bare metal from Nick shop. *Prior to fenders beening welded in.

4d6499be17f7c26733f5240acf267f56.jpg

860c708fb4c5f9a645559f369e27f33a.jpg

When we started to pull truck down to fix paint issues and rust (yes rust bubbles on a complete frame off rebuild) we found multiple layers of paint and more rust. All over the truck.

Logically if it was stripped bare metal as pictured there would be primer, base, clear on a fresh paint job.

Below you can clearly see what we think is about 4-5 layers of different color paint. On the upper rear rails as well as the painted over rust by the well nuts.

9b8f5b8d8bd7773c93451c4e0e38604c.jpeg

3016b6223b45d95eca798356ab6a4fae.jpeg

I asked to have this thread reopened to post pictures.

Everyone has there opinions but this is just wrong anyway it's stacked up. If your paid to do something make sure it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.