• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gauge cluster refurbishing

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
25979308931_3cdbb10af2_k.jpg

Last edited:

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
As all ways, thanks 4 the pic, Kevin. I been tryin 2 figure out what radio goes w/my bronk 4 27 yrs. If U got it I'm pretty sure it's oem (or close enuff 4 this ol timer).

Gettin good w/the camera. Boy, this interest has taken U far. Now cameras skills, radios, boats, planes, dashes... Did I miss anything, it's been awhile.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is Perter O's gauge. This is the second cluster I have done for Peter.

PeterOliver.jpg

That is correct. Kevin has done TWO for me.....because he is a detail oriented craftsman who does great work.

Thanks again!

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Can you install mechanical gauges for oil pressure & water temp?

Also I pulled a cluster from a 64 F100 its a perfect match to the bronco. I think I'd like to send that one to you if you think it will be a good donor

vintage bronco

Here is the gauge cluster I refurbished for Barry F. Barry wanted his outer bezel chrome plated. The pictures don't do this cluster justice.

BarryF11-1.jpg

BarryF2-1.jpg

I can say this cluster turned out SUPER ! I am very pleased with it. Kevin kept me well posted on progress GREAT person to deal with !

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Also I pulled a cluster from a 64 F100 its a perfect match to the bronco. I think I'd like to send that one to you if you think it will be a good donor

Actually the alt & oil pressure gauges are just lights on the 64 F100 cluster so it would require cutting larger holes to fit actual gauges in.
Ill just use that one while I'm getting my bronco one refurbished

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

I can add mechanical gauges, not a problem. The cluster housing from the F150 will require some modification but it is relatively minimal. The valuable part of that cluster is the speedo head unit. It is always a good Idea to send multiple clusters if you have them so that it can be cannibalized to make one good cluster if needed.